Mount Tom Fire Lookout Trail

Mount Tom Fire Lookout Trail is a 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from June until November.

off road driving

Its really a beautiful hike. We.could have driven to the top but choose to walk up the forest road.
Next time we will take camping gear and stay a few days. There is so much to see on this drive into the mountains

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A little smoke from a few fires but I'll be back for a better view with clear skies

Sunday, June 08, 2014

did this trail in 2 wheel drive with my family back in 2007. the view from the top is great. very dusty and watch for snakes.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The road was closed so we jumped the fence and walked at dusk to view the super moon it was awesome we drank some wine to toast the moon and hung around until 10 pm. I found the peak marker on the rocks south of the tower.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A pretty nerve-wracking drive up. Not impossible, but I used 4H to avoid slipping on some of the steep hills. I probably could have made it without 4wd. There is almost no way for two vehicles to pass each other in most sections so extreme caution should be used; watch for other vehicles. We were lucky enough to not encounter anyone else up or down. Its pretty far back in the mountains so I don't think it gets much traffic. The view from the top is breathtaking. Every much worth the drive.