Mount Sutro Loop

Mount Sutro Loop is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Francisco, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Explore this nook of wilderness that is near the UCSF campus, this greenbelt has a native garden and is a great place to get away for a few hours. Take the Historic Trail to loop around to the North Ridge Trail

Another forgotten trail

Challenging switchbacks and quick downhill amazingness. Great for keeping your skills fresh. Watch out for hikers and be respectful on the trail. No need to race around.

I live in the neighborhood and this is the best trail run in San Francisco. I also do lots of mountain biking here, my only recommendation is if you mountain bike to be extra cautious because this is a mixed use trail with many blind switchbacks and I often see parents with small children on the trail. I don't recommend this to people with small children for that reason. Overall you have a peaceful vibe in the eucalyptus trees paired with occasional views of all sides of San Francisco and the Bay.

I really enjoyed the hike. it's perfect for people that want something really close to the city but still have the feeling of being surrounded by nature. from time to time you can even see the bay picking through the trees.

Amazing trails right in the heart of SF, great for hiking, biking, mildy rocky/rooty singletrack. Be prepared to stop frequently as you will likely need to let hikers pass.

Rode this with some friends who know the area. Liked it a lot. We made 5.4 miles of it and did 1200 feet in elevation gain. I believe we took some of the other paths off the loop. Some of it is fairly technical (even walked in a spot or two).

This is my favorite trail in the city, so far. The woods are beautiful and it's really fun to turn off a neighborhood street and suddenly be in the forest. You can stretch the trail a little farther than shown here in the app and get to 3 miles or so. Part of the trail was a little muddy.

I can't believe this peaceful and visually stunning cloud forest exists so close to the heart of the city!

Great to hike with small kids!

Beautiful trail and a peaceful hike if you go in the early AM hours. No spectacular view if you define that by reaching a point overlooking the city. However, the fog-ridden eucalyptus trees are a spectacular and calming view in themselves!

A great bundle of trails for bike riding and and jogging. Will definitely be back!

Too short, but nice views

Beautiful loop, especially the eastern half. I wish that there was a scenic view at the top, but a great walk nonetheless.

Parked with ease on Stanyan St & 17th St (it was also on Father's Day). The entrance is to the left of the intersection (you'll see a wooden staircase). Hike wasn't very difficult, but very narrow for most of the time. Signs could be better, but I was using the AllTrails app as well, which helped. I was hoping for some nice views of the city, but didn't find any. All-in-all, a decent hike and I would do it again once I've tried others.

I thought it was kinda boring, but its decent

MAGICAL, I walked from stanyan to the summit and back. Will go back a lot!!

Is a nice trail

Should park at Bear and Johnstone to start .

Nice forest view

Doesn't get much better for trail running in the city