Mount Pacifico Loop Trail

Mount Pacifico Loop Trail is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palmdale, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I loved this hike, I did it on 3/31, the weather was perfect, the trail is easy to follow that I didn't need to look at map too often. I can't wait to do it again!

Drove all the way there to find out we could not park our car without an adventure pass . No mention of that in the app!!!!

Fun route! Did it yesterday, an inch of snow all the way up but never got any deeper than that. Good views all the way up in different directions, into the Angeles NF mountains and out into Antelope Valley. We went counterclockwise and enjoyed being on the PCT on the way up. The ATV track made for a wide, gentle route down. Terrain and steepness not too difficult even at the top (no scrambling, gentle to moderate slope), and there's a campground right at the top that looked pretty nice to stay at sometime.

I loved this hike!

Underrated hike! Long, but worth it. Great views of the both the San Gabriels and Antelope Valley. Would love to camp at the summit sometime.

Hiked part of this trail this morning. Loved it!

Nicely developed campgrounds. Little boring on the way up since it was an ohv trail but the way back down on the pct was amazing! Definitly worth an overnighter. I hit the trail at about 1:00pm and made it to the top in time for sunset

Though it was tough, this was such a worthwhile hike. There is a campground at the top, but no water. We saw no other people on the trail and the views are spectacular.

We did this trail today for the second time. The grade is fine and the trail is easy to follow. We prefer to follow the PCT a bit longer than this map suggests, but we still end up at the junction with the fire road that takes us to the top.

Easy to hike, easy to run. However some of the trails are cut off by fallen trees. Overall easy for a great scenic view of the canyon.

It's a cool hike

Sunday, March 12, 2017

This hike took us about 5 hours round trip. There were a couple of points where we had to negotiate over/under some very large trees that had fallen across the trail. There was also still a few patches of snow here and there that had packed into some pretty slippery ice. Just be careful and wear good boots and you should be fine. This trail must have been gorgeous before the fire that tore threw there in 2009.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

I began at 8:45am & hiked about 3.2 miles in before the trail became too icy & steep that it seemed a little unsafe to continue. Gusty winds made it more challenging also. Beautiful hike from desert up to the forest as you near the summit. I've completed this hike earliest this year even though it was also inclimate weather with clouds, no rain thoth but felt like you were IN the clouds. Very worth it. plus you're on the Pacific Crest Trail!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice trail, I did the PCT trail/road to pacifico campground. Good hike great views. the campground was a great place to rest. nicely maintained.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

It was a good hike..going back! I was only able to hike 1 hour in and turn around. Planning on hiking further in.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

We hiked from the trail head up the PCT to Mount Pacifico. The PCT section was beautiful and blooming with a lot of wild flowers. The views out to the desert were amazing. So much of the vegetation is well on its way back. The sections that were not burned were amazing and serene. The hillside meadows with wildflowers in bloom caught me off guard.

Once we crossed over from the PCT to the fire road the going got slow, the altitude and some fatigue took its toll. The camp ground provided respite with tables in good repair, nice fire rings and a pit toilet.

We took the fire roads down rather than return via the PCT section. There were some good views although on this day we were buffeted by chilly winds from the west for much of the descent. Towards the end we were tempted to cut the fire road switchbacks; that area is marked off limits however you can't see it if you are just hiking down; you would only have seen it if you went up the fire roads first. Whats more is the "all trails" maps shows trails in those areas.

All in all we did about 12.5 miles round trip. Would hike this again without much hesitation at all.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

One of my favorite California hikes thus far. I'll write a more thorough review at a later time, although the pics probably speak for themselves...

Monday, March 23, 2015

This trail is a pretty boring hike. I took my 2 young kids on it today, we only walked about 1 mile out and then turned back. There are signs posted that say it is under construction and proceeding is not advised, but there were no signs of construction going on.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Road is still closed , but they are close to finishing repairs. I believe the road is accessable for mt biking, just no cars.The road is hard packed because of lack of use and bulldozer tracks. Mt Pacifico is overgrown around the campgrounds ,and tables are in disrepair. A few trees are burnt but the view is spectacular and worth the effort !

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We did not realize that Pacifico was closed; apparently the mudslides had covered most of the original trail. Instead, we used the access road to go up, then took the trail that cut north and east up to the summit. It was lovely, wild, and lonely-a great day out! (when we got back to our car we saw a warning note from a ranger and realized our mistake).