Mount Lukens Via Dunsmore Canyon

Mount Lukens Via Dunsmore Canyon is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Had a great time trail was great

Easily an 11 mile hike! It's a great hike! It was overcast and misty which made it perfect weather wise! The fog was too thick to enjoy the view, but loved it!!

5/26/17: My phone put this at around 10 miles. Great hike. It got misty as I went up so could not see much from the top but the sense of accomplishment was nice! I would call this a lightly trafficked trail as I only encountered 3 people total on the actual trail (first and last hour). My dog had a blast.

Loved every step. Ended up being 11 miles even! 4 hours total

This loop is not 8.7 miles. It's more like 11 miles. I've done it at least 6 times. And whatever device I've used has it at over 11 miles.

Best hike for difficulty and workout near LA. I come from Utah so I have to admit that it isn't nearly as intense as most hikes in the Wasatch, but it's the best it gets around here!

Nice hiking day the trail is really hard but worth it,

Great challenging hike. Saw a Bobcat near the summit. Stunning views. Took us 5 hours with 3 10 min breaks.