Mount Hollywood Trail

Mount Hollywood Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Another trail that I've been doing since I was a kid. My dad would bring us every weekend because we live so close to Griffith park. On your way back down when you pass the Captains roost stay on the same trail you came up and it will be a 3 mile hike. Get here super early I suggest 5:00am because it gets really crowded. You have to pay for parking after 10:00am. $4 an hour!

Some great view of the entire Griffith Park, weekends are a little crowded for my taste.

Great views of the Hollywood Sign!

This is a good one!!

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Fun day to be out in the sun beautiful!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Very uphill, Very gorgeous, very fun.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Love doing this in and out trail with friends for a great view and moderate uphill climb.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

bababooie

Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Hiked this trail this weekend. Rode Uber to the observatory parking lot. The trail was very crowded which is to be expected with a urban park like this. Took Uber forever to pick me up. Should have walked down to the Greek Theater to catch our Uber ride. I would consider doing more trails in this area in the future.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easy hike. Will definitely do it again. Parking sucks on the weekends.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pretty easy- but amazing views

Friday, August 07, 2015

I'm a beginner and this was an easy hike. The trail is wide and I saw a couple of families with toddlers in strollers. The view is amazing! I can keep going back with my nine year old.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

First off if you're planning to park and hike up through the Canyon Rd. side- get there early or you'll get stuck trying to find parking. Trail is well maintained and can get congested at times during peak times especially during the weekend. It's a good work out going up along with coming down. Bring some water with you as someone mentioned earlier shade is minimal, and that goes particularly for those folks who brings dogs and kids. You'll enjoy it.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

This is actually a great hike. I came up from Bronson canyon to the Hollywood sign. Your hike may originate elsewhere. It's a nice scenic climb and visibility was great in March. Amazing thing that this bit of wilderness is so close to LA.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

There are many trails here and many places to start them but my favorite so far has been starting from the observatory and heading over the bridge and going up the mountain through the dirt steps and up to Dante's view before heading to the top of mount Hollywood, I've actually hiked up this mountain and down and around to mount lee where the actual Hollywood sign is along with l.a.'s communication tower, it's a beautiful sight with beautiful trails but it saddens me to see just how polluted my city now is.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Another awesome evening hike. I think Griffith park has the best (that I've done) views of Los Angeles and its surroundings at night. There are many trails, so do know your way around, best to go with a group

Saturday, July 30, 2011

this is a really busy trail with alot of trash & graffiti every where. but its a nice easy short hike for good sights of the L.A. area