Morton Ridge Trail

Morton Ridge Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Highland, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Morton Peak Lookout is located off Hwy 38, overlooking the cities of Yucaipa and Mentone. Though it is one of the lowest lookouts (elevation 4624 feet), it has spectacular views of Mill Creek leading up to Forest Falls as well as surrounding views of Mt. Palomar, Keller Meadows,

I enjoy the challenging trail up to the Peak. I'm 60 years old and it's great to know I can still do this hike.

I love the views st the top. The trail is uphill the whole way. It’s challenging but well worth it when you reach the top!

Nice hike for cool evenings. It's basically a dirt road and can be steep. Great hike to do again and again.

My weekly workout! Great short trail with a nice elevation challenge. It gets easier every time!

Wonderful view! If you're not in great shape, it's difficult but doable if you go slow.

Perfect conditions today, the view from the look out point was worth every step.

This is a good workout. You hike up a fire road to the lookout tower. There aren't too many people on the trail, which is nice. The view from the top is absolutely amazing!! This is a great short challenging hike!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Not much of a hike, more like walking along a service road. The view at the top is really nice and if you stay for sunset it's very pretty. You can drive up if the gates are all unlocked.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Nice maintained road. Lightly traveled, although there are doe trucks that will drive by at time and dust you out

Saturday, April 23, 2016

broad trail easy to walk on. the gradation is not too steep.

Friday, April 08, 2016

it's been like months since my last visit. wait for me soon. :)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

I hiked from the east side. You do not need an adventure pass. You can drive up to where the road splits if you want to get to the peak quicker. The trails are wide and not too rough with a chance to see some wildlife.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Great 5.5 mile round trip hike to a fire lookout. Views of Yucaipa, Mentone, and Redlands. The first mile is the steepest, then left at the gate and continue about 1.75 miles to the top.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

I explored this trail with my friend in the afternoon. Since it's winter we only had 2 litres of water, which was enough. We saw a beautiful sunset from the top, and the moon was so bright we were able to walk by its light. It was a perfect and easily doable hike.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

My son and I hiked to Cram peak from this point. I am not sure if this is Morton Ridge. I could not find the name of the Ridge on any map.
This trail is not used very much. It is very steep and no shade. Bring plenty of water. I brought my Camelback and two extra bottles. I am so glad I did. one thing I wish I would of wore is pants or boot guards. We had to keep cleaning out our boots from the brush.

This trail is a good work out. Enjoy come prepared.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The trail varies from pretty easy to moderately difficult. I got lucky because it was a clear day, so from the top I could see the entire valley, it was beautiful.