Morrow Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near La Quinta, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Go to La Quinta Cove and start at Cove to Lake Trail or go to Lake Cahuilla and start from there.

Same trail as Cove to Lake, but in reverse

OK, but mothing too interesting.

Beautiful hike with some elevation to get the heart pumping. Spotted some gorgeous cacti as well.

The trek in is all sand for the first 1.5 km. We almost stepped on a snake sleeping in a brush in this area. That just about did me in. We did not make it all the way to the end as I thought the trail was missing any scenic beauty to hold my interest. All around a dull hike with very little Elevation gain. I won’t do it again.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Great hike but it's 7 miles not 0.6. 3 1/2 miles each way. Who's calculating these hikes?

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Started at the cove in La Quinta, and came over the ridge to the lake. Had a quick test isn't the grass, and refilled the water bottles for the home back. The trail was well marked and In good shape. It was a hot day, so I'm glad we had plenty of water. I did witness some very poor putting on the green as we hiked by. Beautiful golf course though.

Monday, January 15, 2018