Moro Rock Trail

Moro Rock Trail is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November.

rock climbing

Moro Rock Trail in Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park scales a granite dome via a steep 1/4-mile staircase to the summit offering a spectacular view of the Great Western Divide and the western half of the park. The parking area for Moro Rock is 2 miles from the village. A steep 1/4 mile staircase climbs over 300' to the summit of a granite dome, offering spectacular views of the western half of Sequoia National Park and the Great Western Divide. This chain of mountains runs north/south through the center of Sequoia National Park, "dividing" the watersheds of the Kaweah River to the west and the Kern River to the east. Moro Rock is a dome-shaped granite monolith. Common in the Sierra Nevada, these domes form by exfoliationthe spalling or casting off in scales, plates, or sheets of rock layers on otherwise unjointed granite. Outward expansion of the granite causes the exfoliation. Expansion results from load relief: when the overburden that once capped the granite has eroded away, the source of compression is removed, and the granite slowly expands. Fractures that form during exfoliation tend to cut corners. This ultimately results in rounded, dome-like forms. Reference and more info: http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/index.htm

The road to Moro Rock, which begins at the Giant Forest Museum, is closed in the winter and was not open on 3/24/17 either. We hiked with our kids from the Giant Forest Museum to the top of Moro Rock. Took us about 45 minutes one-way - it's a 4-mile hike round-trip. The road is wide and slushy in areas with snow here and there, lots of trees down too. It's a beautiful walk especially up to Moro Rock, and our legs were tired by the end of the walk. Bring water and snacks and toilet paper if you want to use the restroom at Moro Rock (which was very unsanitary).

IQ2 Brain Supplement causes a substantial increase in both psychological and also physical energy, giving improved focus and also a happier total mood in 10 to 15 mins. The nootropics in IQ2 Brain Supplement work throughout the day and also ensure there are no crashes late in the mid-day. IQ2 Brain Supplement helps you complete all your tasks and achieve your day-to-day objectives easier, whether you need to end up a demanding job project, study for an exam, or working out. IQ2 Brain Supplement Dosage, The suggested dosage is 2 pills each offering. Nevertheless, as everyone is wired in a different way, it's finest to experiment and also see what fits you one of the most. You could begin with one capsule-- depending upon your body weight-- and also wait on the outcomes. You could also try 3 pills if your system works much better after 2 and also see if it additionally improves your capability to concentrate as well as fix tasks. Know more about IQ2 Brain Supplement click here http://supplementvalley.com/iq2-brain-supplement/

They took a "previously" picture of my fugly teeth, and also showed me what shade my teeth got on this scale of yellow teeth but I am use Best Brite Smile. After that, they establish me up for the process. This dental day spa thing was odd ... they began with an aromatherapy treatment. The oral assistant, who wound up doing the whole treatment, developed into a hippie massage therapy specialist. "Breath in the aromas as well as kick back." Weird. I tried not to laugh. Next off, they propped open my mouth and prepared my teeth for bleaching. That part was virtually what I had checked out from other individuals's experiences-- not comfortable yet not entirely unpleasant either. They place on songs for me to pay attention to as well as the initial 20 min session of zapping my teeth began. Best Brite Smile now take here http://supplementvalley.com/best-brite-smile/

Short but great pay off!

Really just a bunch of stairs and people, but if you can get past that quickly the view is amazing.

Not the longest hike you'll ever do, but it does have a view like none other. Looking east to the great western divide, you see the bulk of all the peaks that make up that stretch of the Sierra. This is not for people who have any fear of heights however. Some sections of this route up the rock are pretty wild. I've been up here twice, and both times the weather was perfect for viewing. Very popular spot!!

Trail was full of snow... was there February 20th... foggy... rain... and a little wind. Having had spikes on shoes and proper gear made hike fairly easy. View was amazing going up and coming down despite foggy conditions! Trail was empty due to weather... I suppose... we were the only group on the stairs. Enjoy and be safe!

I would not consider this a "moderate" hike, but I think for total beginners, it could be tricky. It is obviously a touristy area, so get there early if you care. We got there about 8am and there weren't many people on the trail yet.

A quick and easy jaunt for a spectacular view. Good bang for the buck, but little to no challenge.

Great views of the Western Divide! Short and fun!

We hadn't originally planned to do this trail, but we were so glad we did. We happened upon this trail in November at sunset, and it quickly became our favorite experience of Sequoia.

The trail head has its own parking lot. It is short, but does involve a lot of stair climbing. If you have a fear of heights or if there's a possibility of lightning, I would pass on this one.

The trail winds its way up to the top of the rock. A couple of times I thought it was the top, but was wrong. The trail continues all the way to the summit, which is marked with a large plank-like rock outcropping and protective hand rails. The views from both sides and at the top are beyond words, but I think sunset made it infinitely better. Plus there was a low lying fog that had settled in the valley. It was perfect.

Access is too easy...

Absolutely beautiful. It could get a little chilly so always bring a sweater

You're supposed to be able to see the San Fernando Valley and the Coast Range from the top on a clear day, but don't count on it as more often than not it's hazy. The views of the western half of the park are OK, but don't forget to turn around because the views of the Great Western Divide are at once breath-taking and humbling. Absolutely one of the most memorable, awe-inspiring scenes I have ever witnessed.