Moro Rock Full Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stony Creek Village, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September.

Length3.6 miElevation gain600 ftRoute typeOut & back
HikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingForestViewswild-flowersWildlifeFee
Description
Waypoints (0)

Sequoia National Park charges a fee to enter. Fees are $35 per vehicle or $30 per motorcycle. If you are entering on foot or bike the fee is $20 per person. You can also purchase a park specific annual pass for $70.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (111)
Photos (684)
Recordings (83)
Completed (507)
Chris & Dawn Johnston
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 8, 2021
Hiking

Awesome and worth the stop! We took the trail up from the museum and came back on the road with a detour to the Hanging Rock and to the Tunnel Tree. Easy beautiful hike.

View Chris & Dawn's Recording
Jenn Younker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 31, 2020
Hiking

Pretty scary in the winter!! But worth the view. You can’t drive up, you have to hike the road is closed. But the hike up is nice

View Jenn's Recording
Vaibhav Jagannathan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 31, 2020
View Vaibhav's Recording
Tram Nguyen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 24, 2020

Absolutely love it!! We took the actually trail up and took the road way down. The trail was clearly marked but I can see it can be difficult when it snow. We did this trail on 12/23 and it didn’t have any snow, only few patches of ice. The last .4 mile to the top, it had quite a few areas with icy patches so crampons will help a lot. Once on top, the views are incredible!! The views made my trip to sequoia well worth it. I can see this trail is super crowded in the summer. Highly recommend!!!

George Scott
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 15, 2020
Hiking

Snow at the start, nothing terrible. Getting to the parking area you’ll need chains or 4WD with snow tires. Take spikes for going up Moro Rock as part of the path have a lot of ice and it is slick, some spots have no handrails. Overall an amazing hike!

View George's Recording
Reut Feldman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 12, 2020
View Reut's Recording
David Viray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 6, 2020
Hiking

The funnest and coolest hike ever:) definitely enjoyed the forest and nature:) the rock was unbelievable amazing :) it’s a must :)

View David's Recording
Evgenii Vlasov
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 22, 2020
View Evgenii's Recording
Eva Rozsa
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 7, 2020
HikingOver grown

Was a bit overgrown but was nice! The end .4 of the trail after the road is very overgrown we couldn’t finish the hike because it was full of these very spiked bushes.

Ankur Tyagi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 30, 2020
Hiking

Very crowded and when I got there the weather turned south - the lighting surges were brewing so I came back swiftly. The hike and the views are unparalleled.

James Lin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 29, 2020
View James's Recording
James Lin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 28, 2020
View James's Recording
Kelly Isaacs-White
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 23, 2020
View Kelly's Recording
L G
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 11, 2020

Did this hike on Saturday Aug 8th. Trail starts off near the museum parking in the handicap zone area following the road up to Moro Rock. Once on the path I saw a young black bear eating berries about 30 yard off the trail. I'll admit it was very intimidating but I just kept on walking and he ignored me. I warned a few hikers to be aware of the bear heading back to the lot. Once at the stairs for Moro Rock the area was packed. I slipped on my mask and for the most part everyone was wearing one. Everyone was courteous enough to give each other space to walk up or down... as best we could anyway.

Emily Nickles
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 10, 2020
Hiking

Such a nice hike! We got out there around 10 and we didn’t see anyone on the trail until we got to Moro Rock. Moro rock as packed when we were coming down, but most people were surprisingly wearing masks so that was good!

View Emily's Recording
Thomas Gallino
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 8, 2020
HikingGreat!

Trail starts right by the museum. It’s an easy walk until you get to Moro Rock and then you deal with the stairs. If you’re fit it shouldn’t be too much of an issue; I got up and down pretty quick.

Stacey Pownell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 2, 2020
HikingGreat!

Love this hike! Path is in good condition and easy to follow. We saw a bear about thirty yards off of path eating berries and minding his own business. The trail is easy but once you get to Moro Rock it is moderately difficult to climb stairs to top of the mountain. The views are amazing!!!

Alejandra Leija
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 10, 2020
Hiking

There are bears so I recommend going in groups. It’s a very nice view and easy to follow path. I ended up driving to Moro Rock since I had turned around when I saw a bear but absolutely breathtaking.

Natalie Beggs
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 16, 2020
Hiking

The views from the top of Moro Rock are breathtaking! The trail up is steep, narrow, but relatively short. However, in my opinion, it should not be open in the midst of our pandemic. We went on June 14, and there were crowds of people, making it impossible to socially distance on the narrow trails. We didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into, otherwise I would not have gone. The trail becomes so narrow at times, that when you pass people, you literally have to rub butts. And unfortunately, I would estimate that less than 1% of people were wearing masks. Side note, our group of 4 covered our face anytime we passed people on a trail where we couldn’t maintain 6 feet distance. Very few people are doing this, and in fact, seem to be giving us curious looks for doing so. Just a reminder, the mask is for you, not me. You’re welcome.

Austin Roam
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 8, 2020
Hiking

Great trail and well kept. Light traffic on a Sunday. Tons of opportunities for photos.

John Kaplan II
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 11, 2020
Hiking

Hiked this today (3/10/20). Trail is in great shape. You can walk a little over a mile to Moro rock from main parking or you can drive to it. Walking adds distance but really gives you a good feel of what sequoia has to offer. No major wildlife sightings. Little bit of sleet on the way up. Would not recommend campers; wife & I turned around after talking to ranger. Needless to say we rented a car and that was an incredible decision. The end destination is what really makes the hike. “I’ve heard” that it’s pretty cool if you go over the railing and walk the rock face at the end.

Lisette Loza
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 14, 2020
HikingIcyMuddySnow
View Lisette's Recording
Brandon Wilson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 14, 2020
HikingSnow
View Brandon's Recording
july w
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 31, 2019
HikingIcy
View july's Recording
Jon E
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 29, 2019
Cross-country skiingClosedIcySnow
View Jon's Recording
Jon E
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 27, 2019
Cross-country skiingClosedIcySnow