Mormon Island Browns Ravine Trail

Mormon Island Browns Ravine Trail is a 10.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near El Dorado Hills, California that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.2 miles Elevation Gain: 898 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

5$ parking fee Good distance, but felt like mileage for the sake of mileage. Very lackluster end to the trail Water fountain available at Brown's Ravine Assembly Area

Went for a trail run. It was very mellow and smooth. Great place to trail run just tons of bugs not much vert.

Decent trail with a nice lake view and partly shady

I would say easy over moderate, nice lake side trek. Pretty dry & hot at the beginning, leads into more shaded areas. I liked it overall. (Bring $5 for parking drop box)

Great trail. I would rate it as easy but hugs the lake which we loved. Dog got to play on some of the beaches.

Moderately easy. Trail is single-lane in many sections, beware and share with mountain-bikers. Decent lake views.

I only gave this 2 stars because it wasn't paved. much much much better views on the west side of the lake starting on Loomis if you're looking for eye candy. I went six miles out and got a total two good views. depending on how you hike I would rate this between beginner and moderate

The trail had some amount of mud and standing water on about 5-10% of it but it was during the rainy season. The trail weaves in and out of lake view. Daily wide single track and not to step of inclines but consistent up and down of low grade hills.

Trail is nice and green in the late winter. I would rate it a moderate to heavily trafficked trail.

Nice long up and downs ending at secluded hillside overlooking the lake. I prefer to keep it a secrete but I like to share!

A lot of flats, a lot of hills, a lot of rocks