Mori Point Loop Trail

Mori Point Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pacifica, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Just a short distance down the coast from the city of San Francisco, Pacifica is where the concrete truly ends and gives way to green hills and dramatic coastal scenery. Mori Point is a great place enjoy a sunset, do a spot of whale watching or simply enjoy the waves of the Pacific Coast washing up onto the shores. Remember to check out the ridgeline trail too, where you can see all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge on a clear day. Rather than recommend a specific route around the park, we've mapped out the complete network of trails and included other unofficial trails which you won't find on a park map yet are just as worthy of your exploration. Also, when savoring the splendor of the coastal bluffs of Mori Point in Pacifica you might want to bear in mind that the views here were so nearly very different. Developers have considered many plans for this land - condominiums, commercial development, an intersection for a new freeway extension and even a proposal to create a "Coney Island of the West" on the wetlands below. In 2000, the fervent efforts of the Pacifica Land Trust, California Coastal Conservency and the Trust for Public Land resulted in the purchase of the land and it was turned over to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area for preservation and restoration. Parking/Trailheads: - Bradford Way at the end of Mori Point Road (near the Moose Lodge) has many free parking opportunities. - South of the park, Rockaway Beach has a large free parking lot located by the ocean shore and is also convenient for the nearby Rockaway restaurants and stores. Access the park via the level Old Country Road path, or if you're feeling adventurous you could check out the climb up to the coastal bluffs. - Pacifica Pier is located off-map parallel to Santa Rosa Avenue. You'll find plenty of free parking in this area and a great beach-side stroll to Mori Point. Alternatives: - Consider extending your hike North of Mori Point to Pacifica pier. - Trailspotting's Sweeney Ridge Guide connects Mori Point to the hills above Pacifica.

Cute, simple hike. Beautiful views! Dog-friendly. I saw a lot of dogs without leashes, but I ALSO saw a garden snake, soooo... I think leashes would be smart if your dog isn't that trained or obedient lol. There was a bunch of ladybugs and dragonflies too! Overall, a fun small hike.

The first one. Nice view.

Très jolie balade à 30 min de San Francisco. Dommage d’avoir à longer la route en fin de promenade.

My favorite evening/sunset trail. There's a lot of steep, rocky areas to scramble up so I wouldn't recommend this trail if it rained recently. Beautiful views and not too heavily trafficked (although it's usually empty around sunset).

Nice trail. Easy to moderate areas. Really small parking lot, but other lot near the hotel and beach. Lots of tall grassy areas so watch out for ticks. When we got home, I found a tick on me and in my dog's armpit.

Very easy hike w amazing coastal views

Part of the loop trail is right next to the road where cars zooming by, which makes the last 5 minutes of our hike unpleasant. Otherwise, good view, nice combination of terrain, and perfect distance for a quick hike.

Easy to moderate hike with great views. Various steep hill paths that can make this more challenging.

I wouldn't call this a trail. More like a climb on a cliff among slippery rocks. nice views but not at all a hike.

Fun! User/Unmarked trails make it a harder hike.

Just did the loop a long timw ago...

Great place to be romantic with your sweetie..:)

easy hike, can get windy and brisk

Really enjoyed this hike. I've been wanting some ocean views and this delivered. The trail is very busy, lots of dog walkers and couples. This didn't distract though, the views are top notch. It's mostly fire road and dirt trails. Some areas are not maintained but there are clear trails to follow though. For places with steep inclines there is often a side route that's easier. You can take the hard way or wind around. Definitely recommended as an easy/moderate trail because you can customize the experience. I went at 11 on a Saturday and had no problems parking. I parked on a side street near the golf course. It was late October so it was chilly near the ocean, then warmed up as my body got going up the inclines. Layer and bring sunscreen because there is very little cover.

A beautiful place for a day-long getaway. Parking is a challenge. I started the hike from the Pier where the restrooms are located and one can also buy a snack, coffee, or water from the Chit Chat Cafe.

Easy to locate. I found parking around 10am at Rockaway Beach, although the lot was getting full quickly. Part of the trail along the coast is steep and narrow-would rate as moderate vs. easy. Wear shoes with good grip! Brought my dog and boyfriend, tired them both out! We will be back again!

Nice but very steep at some points- great views throughout the whole hike

Easy hike dog friendly.

Scenic views all around. If you don't like the Pacific Ocean don't go!

Pretty quick and easy hike wit great views and an option to hike down to the sea wall. You can also see the Sharp Park golf course and at the sea wall can see players on the #12 green and #13 tee box.

I would think this trail is more moderate than easy. There are some very steep ups and downs. Regardless, it had gorgeous views! Definitely had a fun time and enjoyed the stark differences between coastal and inland desert plant life.

Great views on this hike! I definitely didn't feel this was just an easy level hike with the amount of steep inclines and washed out trails. There are several different routes which do make it easy.

It's an easy trail with spectacular views. We were lucky to see a whale from Mori Point.

We did a small portion of this route a couple weeks ago with small kids and it was good, not knock your socks off, but good. We ran up the hilly side paths and enjoyed the view from Mori Point. The bootlegger steps were a hit with our seven year old for the hint of stories behind them if nothing else. The flat walk back to the parking lot had interesting info displays. The one restroom had a line. After the hike we grabbed tacos and ice cream across the road and down a block or so. I'd like to try doing a fuller version of this hike next time.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Great little trail for my 3 yr old daughter and me!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Saw a bunch of whales (probably humpback whales) off sharp park beach. Really need sturdy and slip-resistant hiking shoes for the bluff trail part.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I love this views, beautiful views and I love the little gardens and the dogs! I use the directions provided by this app, park in that little parking lot and walk down to the ocean by that hotel, I can't figure where the trail goes from there, it seems to dead end there. I really want to go the entire loop so going again today to try to figure it out!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

The view is perfect, went up through the hill, was a bit challenging, and went down through the trail around it.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My favorite walk: beautiful scenery at all times of the year, nice people, dog friendly location. A great spot for whale-watching Sept-Oct; you can see other wildlife such as brush rabbits & pelicans throughout the year. For an older, novice hiker like myself, it offers do-able challenges of some hills but there are easy flat places as well. Parking is limited on really nice days.