Morgan Territory Regional Preserve Trail

Morgan Territory Regional Preserve Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Clayton, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

An excellent mountain biking location, Morgan Regional Preserve offers scenic views and rolling golden hills. Some sections of the trail can be sandy. There is a backpack campsite in the Regional Preserve. Reservation is required to use the campsite.

Great hike to let the dog run, best in the cooler seasons. Easiest if done clockwise. If done CCW, it will be a moderate to difficult climb out of the creek at the end.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

I really enjoyed this hike. Starting off in a beautiful wooded area and then moving into an open hilly scene was lovely. Very dog and horse friendly; my canine might've enjoyed it more than we did. More than half of the hike was in direct sunlight, so bring extra sunscreen. Make sure you go off onto the side trail on the way back to get a great view of Mount Diablo!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pretty simple hike that doesn't get that much use. Spring would be best for wildflowers. Uneventful enough so that I never did it a second time.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Nice hike... I like that I could bring my dog. I'd definitely do this hike again. It says 4.7 miles but my GPS said it was a little over 5 miles....

Sunday, May 08, 2016