Monserate Mountain Trail Loop

Monserate Mountain Trail Loop is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallbrook, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,381 feet Route Type: Loop

Plenty of parking right off the road.

the trail is steeper than it looks. I underestimated it and thought I was going to die, but alas I made it through the whole trail. if you're not used to this kind of trail then I reccomend working your way up to it first. the view is beautiful once you're up there though.

Dynamic little power hike. Heard rattles a couple of times.

Great training hike. Lots of elevation in a relatively short period. The stairs always kick my butt. I like to trail run the flats and the descents. Not much to look at, but a nice workout.

it's a hard trail especially in the heat kicks your ass but you feel good afterwards

First run, almost stepped on a Red Diamond Back mid way thru. Other then that amazing trail. Difficult at parts for some lower tier hikers, but a little grit and grind makes for a some stellar views.

Wow! It was definitely a hike!

Great workout! Can not wait to do this again!!!

This trail took me about 1hr 15minutes to reach the flag at the top, 40 minutes coming down ! great workout !

Good trail on the shorter side distance wise that you have to put a decent amount of effort into. Will do again.

This trail has beautiful wild flowers

2nd time hiking this ass burner

Outstanding trail.

awesome hike and challenging at the same time.

An awesome trail, short but very intense. Rather your training for a goal or just general exercise, this trail is a must for your arsenal if in the Temecula area. Take the right at the asphalt when you reach the first marker for the full loop, it is brutal. Mostly rocky with steep grades all the way to the top. From the flag at the top is an awesome 360° view. Keep an eye out for rattlesnakes as you are very likely to see one.

Challenging trail but well worth it. Coming down hill is tough on the knees and a bit rocky in some areas but that’s what keeps it interesting.

Just beware of snakes!!!

I absolutely love this trail and have hiked 4 times the past 6 days.. I have also come across three snakes on two different days.. The first one was this past Sunday; a baby rattler which crossed my path over to the bushes on the edge of the cliff. Yesterday, I had a gopher snake cross my path on the first leg of the climb and saw a coiled up rattlesnake sleeping under a bush.. On the way down, I made sure to look at the exact spot the rattler was sleeping.. We both startled each other when I saw it fully stretched and slithering right on the trail about 15 feet in front of me. We both stopped at the same time and it looked at me. I had to back track and waited for it to completely get to the other side before proceeding on my decent. Please be careful and mindful of where you’re stepping, and if you take your dogs with you, please make sure they’re on a leash..

Butt kicker trail 6 miles

So let me say this. There are two ways to complete this hike. You can reach the American flag without going the full loop. You can do the out and back loop, which is shorter, or you can do this one. If you are a solo hiker, like myself, this one is less traveled. The shorter route has more people on it. Also, the longer route (this route) is brutal. The views from the top, however, are spectacular.

The trail wasn't that badd it's real rocky and I like the pulls up the hill. I dont think that it's hard but it's really rocky be careful

Beautiful hike hiked up and ran down about an hour and a half round-trip!!! Not to difficult!