Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Monrovia Canyon Waterfall Trail

Monrovia Canyon Waterfall Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Monrovia, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Nice hike with so much greenery! Beautiful views. A great hike for the entire family.

Up the Bill Cull Trail to the waterfall, & return by way of the Nature trail.

Today I parked at the ranger station ($5) and headed north to the waterfall. You can drive up a little further and park or you can follow the asphalt road. Once you pick up the trailhead, the soothing flowing stream will guide you up the the waterfall... beautiful!

gorgeous!

the best although heavily traffic'd on weekends.

Great hike! Recommend it for kids. It’s not to long!

I really enjoy this trail! It’s really easy to do, honestly I would rate it easy rather than moderate & my activity level is like a 3/5. There are a few areas that are rocky but nothing too crazy, it’s easy to get around them. You also have to cross through a few small rivers so it’s best to wear some waterproof shoes/boots. It’s also very shady & nice. I do group hikes every weekend & I’m definitely going to be taking my group here!

Was my first time coming to this trail. It’s CLOSED due to washout from the rain

Great short, family friendly hike to one of the nicer waterfalls in the front range.

Great little hike. Better if you can park close. We parked on the street before the first gate because the lots were “full” according to the power crazed park ranger. About 1.1 miles from our car to the trail. 0.9 from trail to the waterfall. Started right past the restrooms near a bear warning sign, about 0.1 miles left of the main route. Meets up with main route after 0.2 miles. My 2 1/2 year old did the entire trip without having to be carried. He was probably the youngest kid not being carried.

Easy with 7+ yo kids. The Waterfall itself is not worth the hike but the views and the trail itself keeps it interesting.

nice up hilltrail shady

Very well kept trail. Parking is $5 they do not accept adventure pass but do sell their own annual parking pass which I have bought in the past so I’ve spent a lot of time here. There are multiple entry starts depending how much you want to walk. Fairly easy. There is a waterfall at the end of the trail.

love it ! take my dogs to here every weekend

no vehicle access on Tuesdays :(

Well maintained trail mostly under the canopy of White Alders, Western Sycamors, Canyon Live Oak and CA Bay Laurel trees in the canyon.

Great hike for young and old

It’s a very nice trail with a lot of shade and great for the kids.

Very easy trail with a little waterfall at the end. I recommend if you want more of a workout to park at the bottom of the parking lots and walk up the roads :)

Still has running water down falls but stream trickles out fast through out hike. Falls r fairly busy. Lots of places to hang out at falls area. Perfect for your lil ones did it wait my 4 year old he loved it

Love it !

Easy-hike. Near by.

Fairly easy hike on a well-trafficked trail with plenty of shade and places to stop and rest. My 14mo had fun playing in the steam.

Very easy and short trail. Started at about 7:30 am on a holiday weekend Sunday and it was light traffic going in. But by the time we were heading out around 8:45, there was already a moderate amount of people heading up the trail. I imagine this trail gets very crowded. The waterfall was taller than I expected and still had plenty of water. The trail is very shaded which makes it very pleasant, especially for my pup who overheats with sun exposure. I would love to try this trail in the spring, because I imagine there’d be a lot of blooms.

A couple small parking lots with a $5 fee to get in. But that means no adventure pass necessary. The park opens at 7 am on weekends and I believe later during weekdays.

Lovely easy peasy hike. Not exactly Niagara, but still quite beautiful. Lots of trees and shade the entire hike.

Best trail so far to take my 18 month old. It's shady and has a nice little waterfall and stream my daughter can play in.

Beautiful, quick, and easy trail to a little waterfall. $5 parking pass on weekdays and $6 for weekends. Will come again :)

Great trail, love hiking it with my dog!

Easy trail, you probably won’t get wet crossing over rocks- but kids and dogs can have fun splashing. Small waterfall only 1.5 miles in. As for scenery... A+ Equally shady and sunny path. Moderate stretches are clear enough to run for a mini work out.

$6.00 parking, there are a few parking spots as you go up the mountain. The lower you park the more of a walk you will get going up the mountain. There are many trees and big rocks that make a beautiful scenery. There is allot of shade going up. The hike up was easy for my 4 year old son. He had so much fun jumping over rocks and hanging out near the waterfall. The waterfall is quite small and not what I expected. I did expect something big. Over all it was really great.
We also saw snakes hanging out near the rocks, deers and many lizards.

its a nice good trail. we encountered a mama bear and cub on our hike.