Monrovia Canyon Park Trail

Monrovia Canyon Park Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Monrovia, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a forked hike into two canyons. The mushrooms around the rocks with the little meadows, and the waterfalls and creeks provide a sense of wonderment. $5 parking fee

It’s very beautiful. Went with my kids and they had a great time.

We went after a rainfall, smelled super earthy and everything was so lush. Waterfall was running, great hike!

Has a chill vibe go it. Green and calm with a nice little waterfall. Went on a weekend morning and it was quite crowded. Would recommend going on a weekday.

This is a beautiful, family-friendly hike with plenty of shade, and can be lengthened depending on where you park.

This is a simple and enjoyable hike within Monrovia City Limits. The price to park is $6 cash on weekends and $5 cash on weekdays. We live a few miles away so sometimes we walk from our home but other times we like to support the city and simply park and pay. We’ve ran the trail from the lot to the falls in 12 minutes, jogged in 15 and walked at a slower pace at 20 minutes. The trees and environment are very similar to Oak Creek in AZ and the trail is not too crowded if you get there around 7 am or around 4 in the afternoon.

Beautiful place but a lot of bugs, swarms. Be on lookout for rattle snakes, we came upon one in the middle of trail and he wouldn't let us pass, very aggressive. Didn't want to chance it with grandson, so we turned around. He of course was just as excited to see snake than falls.

I have not hike in LA for a while, so I was exciting to explore the new trail in my hiking list. Surprisingly to find out that this trail has a lot greens than usual, which was very nice! 90% are under shades so don't worry to be sunburns or anythings. Waterfall is kinda small but still nice. Because is a dog friendly trail, the waterfall area became like a dog show event stage too!

This was our first hiking trail and we loved it!

The weather was pretty nice. Most of the trails covered with shades and not a difficult trail. Dog Friendly.

I’m not sure which trail I took, but it wasn’t 5.8 miles. I only got 4.3 miles in. Parked on the residential streets to save $5 on parking. Some parts of the trail are narrow, but the hike overall was easy peasy.

Great hike for the family! The small waterfall is perfect for little ones to play in. Some rocky paths so wear good shoes.

I took the trail to the waterfall on 2.6.18 and there was a nice flow. The Park is closed to traffic on Tuesdays, but you can still come to walk the trails. Trail is excellent and has shade for 90% of your adventure. Moderate grade, but it’s broken into manageable segments. I recommend you start on the Bill Cull trail then meet up with the canyon trail. It’s much better than walking on the pavement without shade.

Great trial with the family, friends, small kids, and dogs. It takes us two hours to walk all the way up to the waterfall and come back, and totally 2 miles. Most of the trial cover the shade. Parking is six dollars for holiday and weekend.

Completed on 1/12/18
The waterfall is pretty and the hike towards it is well shaded. The other fork noted in this route takes you up a paved road, and not well shaded. I don't really see the point in taking this part all the way up. It doesn't really go anywhere, but if you hike up to the top of the dam, that is pretty cool and has a great view.

Great hike. Bring plenty of water! $5 to park weekdays, I was cought off gaurd with it being $6 on the weekend. Now go have fun!

Good trail!!!

Keep your kids close but a great hike.

Great hike. Nice hike for both first timers and advanced hikers.

Couldn't go as there is a sign saying the park is closed until further notice.

Beautiful little hike (great for kids/dogs) you could avoid paying the $5/$6 fee if you do the quick hike from the neighborhood at the bottom...I was excited to see how clean this trail was (how sad right) and the waterfall was smaller than I expected, but still just beautiful. love this hike

Nice easy trail with a small waterfall at the end.

the trail is a beautiful trail,but it is a little to short

We went on Monday Memorial Day. The parking situation was very limited and had to find street parking, but no costs on the street. The trail was very narrow if there was any oncoming hikers one party would have to stop as others pass. There were almost too many people to enjoy probably due to the holiday weekend and the one waterfall at the end was too crowded. Only stayed for about 5 minutes and left. Under the tree lined areas, it was very pretty and green with little creeks on the way up. Overall, we give this trail three stars.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

This was a quaint little hike. We got to the neighborhood before the trailhead around 8:30, the parking lot was already full so we parked in the neighborhood. The entire hike was very green (thanks to the recent rain), shaded and had a pretty steady incline the whole way. The waterfall was flowing and very beautiful although not one of the most dramatic ones I have seen. Overall, we really enjoyed the hike for its relative seclusion in comparison to some of the other hikes in the area and had a very local feel with everyone being welcoming and respectful. I am a big proponent of quietly enjoying nature and that was what we found here. We would definitely go again!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Great & beautiful hike

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I must have hiked a different trail, because it was definitely not easy and my Fitbit clocked me in at just under 5 miles. We did end up at the waterfall, so I have no idea what trail we were on--but it was gorgeous! No one was around and it was totally shaded and beautiful. Made up for the underwhelming waterfall. My dog also loved it.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sunday, March 05, 2017

It's an easy moderate hike..a lot of great scenery..nice for family and to have a picnic

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Falls Trail starts at the nature center located at the upper lot ending at the waterfall. Total distance ~1.5 miles RT. Was very crowded on the Saturday we went. Could be nice except for the lowlives & their spawn who run around throwing rocks and sticks. Paid $6 to park at the lower lot adjacent to the ranger station. Most people park down in the residential area or park in the aforementioned lot and ignore the pay to park signs.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Awesome well marked trail. The hike is fairly easy all the way to the waterfall. Beautiful views, and a Beautiful green picnic area by the Nature Center. On my way to the waterfall I spotted various squirrels, a couple of salamanders and a brown bear. Yes, a bear!! You will definitely enjoy this hike!
$5 parking fee on weekdays and $6 on weekends or free if u decide to stay in the bottom of the canyon.