Bill Cull Trail

Bill Cull Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Monrovia, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Nature Center: 626-256-8282 Public Works: 626-932-5575

Nice hike. Did this with my 10/7 yr old kids and pup. Enough interest for adults and kids. The waterfall was nice, if a little small. A few narrow spots but very well maintained. Made for a really nice AM hike. We parked in the $6 lot right before the entry gate and took Bill Cull trail which links up with the nature trail. I’d do that again.

The trail was good fun! I saw lots of people with their small children and dogs of various sizes. The trail is well-marked and cleared. There are some narrow spaces and some of the terrain is rocky. Lots of trails link together here, so you can easily extend your hike if you want. One of the paths even includes a nice waterfall.

Nice workout for beginners and kids. We went up to the waterfall this morning and encountered a black beat own out way back. It took over the trail. Mostly with shade, up hill went going.

Great easy trail. Didn’t see any bear, mountain lion or rattlesnake as posted, but we were there mid day. Perfect for beginner hikers. There is a nice little waterfall at the end which I imagine is bigger in the spring. Parking was $6 on weekend $5 weekdays. Easy access and well marked. Water fountain at the ranger station was broken.

nice little hike very picturesque so close to urban areas

Great trail. Hot and steep for the first part but shaded the second 1/2. Easy downhill on the way back.

Saw a big ol brown bear!

A lovely addition to the Falls Trail. Instead of parking at the nature center, park in the lower level and take this to Falls. Great trek through native california foliage (tons of white sage wafting around) though sometimes a bit narrow which is only an issue when folks don't respect rights of way. The waterfall is worth the 15 minutes extra drive to past Eaton if you are coming from LA proper.

Not necessarily kid friendly. The first part is a ledge only a few feet wide with a large drop off and I had to hold my kids hand the entire time very tight. No kids? Then it’s a great easy trail.

Super easy walk with a small water fall perfect for the elders and children

This trail begins just north of the ranger station with a steady climb for the first half of the hike. If it’s the right time of the year, you can enjoy the soothing sounds of the water rushing down the canyon. Happy hiking!

The waterfall was fantastic with the melting snow and recent rains. Parking lot is small so you might have to park down the street, adding another mile to your trek.

Fri Jan 11 2019

Beautiful, easy trail. Great, but shorter, alternative to Winter Creek since it's closed thanks to the stupid government shutdown.

Tue Jan 01 2019

The trail was was easy and fun. Great for kids and pets. The trail is located within Monrovia Canyon, so parking is not free. $5 dlls on weekdays and $6 on weekends. Well worth it if you want to enjoy the entire park and not just the trail.

Tue Nov 27 2018

Easy well kept shady trail

Sun Nov 25 2018

Great trail (for family with kids); plenty of shade area. Saw bears on more than one occasion.

Thu Aug 30 2018

Nice scenic hiking trail...great work out ... well worth the hike to this little water fall

Mon Aug 27 2018

loved it for my 1st hike and boys loved it to great family time

Wed Jun 20 2018

A bit of an uphill climb, but it was worth it for all the forestry and the little waterfall. Park in the second parking lot at the top and go to the left of the cabin office to start this trail.

Fri Jun 01 2018

Great trail and nice waterfall but it’s just too busy for me. Too many kids having melt downs because they did not want to be there! The trail gets narrow so there’s not enough room to get by especially with parents and children trying to pass at the same time. Next time I’ll try going earlier to see if I could avoid the crowds.

Thu Apr 26 2018

Found this area by chance. very nice hike. Found a salamander, handsize, at the waterfall and a baby snake went across our path on the trail. Nice to see wildlife is coming out. plus found a nice area to put up my hammock and rest.

Mon Mar 26 2018

Went there today with my 5 yo and 10 yo. Increíble setting! Started off with the Bill Cull trail, which was a bit of a surprise with its narrow pathways...but probably made the hike quite an adventure! On the way down from the waterfall we opted to go thru the flatter side. Everyone enjoyed it and we even got a chance to soak our feet in! Take some snacks and a bag to pick up after yourselves.

Tue Mar 20 2018

Went on a pretty fair day, not too hot not too cool. Started the trail right by the ranger office and walked to the waterfall. Pretty easy and relaxing hike. Found a bench in a tree along the way and a few other nice spots to enjoy the nature. Overall nice hike and I would probably go back!

Sun Feb 18 2018

We saw a lot of beautiful birds. The waterfall was refreshing and the shade from the trees kept us nice and cool. We will be back!

Sun Jan 21 2018

Easy trail. Waterfall has a decent amount of water at the moment. Scenic and relaxing.

Thu Jan 04 2018

It was a very nice view and very relaxing

Mon Dec 18 2017

First hike in years. Good moderate/beginners hiking trail. We ran into a family deers. Great little outdoor adventure to start the morning! Visited on a windy morning, Sunday, December 17, 2017.

Mon Aug 28 2017

cute, easy, clean little hike my daughter and I did see a baby rattle snake

Tue Aug 22 2017

I really enjoy this kid friendly hike / walk . there's plenty of adventure along the way