Mojave River via the PCT

Mojave River via the PCT is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Great hike. Lot's of water features - rivers, streams, falls and little lakes.

Great hiking.

Perfect time of year to hike this trail. River is beautiful.

Beautiful views and very peaceful.

Great views

Nice hike, but my dog had a lot of ticks on her. And my husband had one too. Gross.

Great hike however my 2 dogs came home with ticks ALL over them! My husband got one on him as well! Be super careful on this hike!!!

Nice easy hike. Enjoyable and highly recommended.

The directions from the All Trails app (via google maps) led us directly to the trailhead parking lot. The last few miles is on a dirt road but manageable for regular cars barring huge puddles. The signs and parking lot is a bit confusing as all signs reference Splinter's Cabin and I did not see any mention of the Deep South Trail. Anyhow, the PCT trail marker is easy to locate from the parking lot.

You quickly come to the iconic bridge. The PCT trail indicates it goes straight past the bridge and also crosses the bridge. I didn't see any reviews discussing which direction to take. We crossed the bridge and that appears to be the wrong route to reach the cliffs and waterholes. We still had a nice, mostly flat hike through the hills will some good views looking back through the hills to the valley down below. Overall, it was a good day but I need to return to do the hike as intended by NOT crossing the bridge.

thru hiked the PCT 2016 one of the best parts in southern California

Amazing creek walk between you 3 story granite on both side. Took my ten year old twins and had no trouble. I recommend good water shoes.