Learn more

Mojave Desert Barstow Scenic Drive

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(12)
Cameron Park

Mojave Desert Barstow Scenic Drive is a 9.2 mile loop trail located near Barstow, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 9.2 mi Elevation gain 538 ft Route type Loop
Photos (6)
Recordings (7)
Completed (31)
Marcus Charles
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 15, 2020

Nice Route 66 paintings on buildings. A lot of homeless people though

Nick Herbon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 27, 2019
Hiking

Trail B for the poker run

View Nick's Recording
Scott Densmore
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 15, 2018
Scenic driving

We made a stop in Barstow on our return to Las Vegas, after visiting Joshua Tree National Park during our January 2018 trip. Our intended drive back through Mojave National Preserve was changed due to road conditions after a recent winter storm. However, we really enjoyed the pretty mountainous desert views on the longer route back, particularly on Barstow Road/Rt. 247 between Lucerne Valley and Barstow itself.

Megan Gale
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 10, 2017
Scenic driving

Sunrise over the Mojave. Absolute must. The road was completely desolate. I parked and just listened to the silence.

bruce lim
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 27, 2015
Walking

Great to get here early, to get pictures of the sunrise, and of the mountains.

Fatima Freeman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 22, 2011
Hiking

This is my review on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago, IL. I just came back from a amazing trip from Chicago and I walked the Magnificent Mile. I thought that the sites were amazing and I just could not get enough of the sites. I took over 5oo pictures of the sites and I will never forget the scenic route that I decided to take instead of riding public transportation.

Fatima Freeman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 30, 2011
First to Review

Well, I am stationed out here in Ft. Irwin, CA. Therefore, I am 31 mi. from Barstow. So, every time I leave post, I drive pass the Mojave Desert and I train out here. Therefore, it does not look like a desert out in Iraq some where and there are a lot of mountains. Plus, I think I have out done my camera with all the photos I have taken.

Raymond Almeida
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 9, 2020
View Raymond's Recording
Juan carlos Lopez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 27, 2019
View Juan carlos's Recording
Papa Bear
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 9, 2019
View Papa's Recording
Joseph Webers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 21, 2019
View Joseph's Recording
DeniseNjoe Mcglaughlin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 18, 2018