Miwok Trail and Hardy Canyon Loop Trail

Miwok Trail and Hardy Canyon Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brentwood, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore the beauty of Round Valley Regional Preserve. Enjoy oak woodland and riparian habitat as you stroll along this peaceful area Take the Miwok Trail to the Hardy Canyon Trail for this loop adventure.

Hiked this trail yesterday afternoon. Was very nice, only crossed path with one other person the entire hike. Will come back again.

Great hike for cooler weather. Avoid going on hot summer days. Little shade and will be hot.

Not too crowded on Sunday. Very dry in October, half shade. Miwok trail is wide and pretty flat, the Hardy Canyon Trail is narrower and gets you up to the peak of the hill with good views, and around back to the beginning for a loop. Free. About 3 hours with young kids.

Beautiful scenery! I went around clockwise up the Hardy Canyon Trail and back down via the Miwok Trail and that is how I would do it again if I ever went back. I'm from SoCal but I was in Brentwood on business and decided to go on a hike before getting in the car and driving 6 hours home. The Miwok Loop was perfect.

I had an absolutely great time this morning hiking this trail. Enough elevation change to make it challenging yet not over whelming. Great views and a nice variety of terrain from oak woodland to grassy hills. Wonderful hike.

Enjoyed this trail today. A good sized hill, doable but still a little challenging.

This trail is very muddy. There are a few spots that you will definitely have to step in water to get across. The green hills are very pretty to look at. Overall it was good family hike. I would not recommend it for kids under age 10 due to the mud & water.

It's a nice trail to spend some time on. I got over 9 miles on the trails at Round Valley.

Cool trail! Awesome stream that runs along side for 1/3 the loop. Trail was a bit rough at times due to the recent heavy rain so be careful. Perfect 2-hour walk to start the morning ;)

Wow really cool trail. There's multiple creeks that run into Marsh Creek and there all flowing! Mid February is the best time to see this park! 5 Stars!

beautiful hike. a little rough right now due to all the rain we've had. still manageable though, just wear shoes that are OK in mud.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Beautiful place to take a hike (walk) enough up hills to get your heart really to beating and then down hill to recoup and then up again. my daughter and I loved it. Will return to do other trails

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I enjoyed doing this one except it was hot... I had done several hikes in both parks so I decided to do a connector. There is a gate between the 2 in the back of round Valley that I had discovered a year before so something drew me to go through and on to Vaqueros. Only did this one once....

Monday, October 17, 2016

Beautiful place to ride!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Nice little hike, can go easy or choose the path with a moderate hill. Since this is almost in my backyard, I like the easy access and options to vary the difficulty.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Good climbs, some sun exposure, good surface for hiking.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Great views! The right amount of challenge!

Monday, August 29, 2016

This was a good hike and I actually did this one 2 weekends in a row. I wasn't satisfied with myself and my skill the first time I tried. I am new to hiking and I am working to challenge myself and get the most from me and the hike. At a glance this trail might seem easy; but, it has its challenges and don't underestimate it.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Nice fairly easy trail, saw about 10 other people but mostly at entrance points. Rolling hills, in and out of shade. Free parking.

Monday, June 27, 2016

I always go hiking here and it's simple to get to. There's a treacherous side of the trail and a moderate side. It gets hot during the early morning and afternoon so I suggest going in the morning around 8:00 or around sunset. I love this hike. It's perfect for getting a quick work out in and the scenery is great!