Miwok Trail and Hardy Canyon Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brentwood, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore the beauty of Round Valley Regional Preserve. Enjoy oak woodland and riparian habitat as you stroll along this peaceful area Take the Miwok Trail to the Hardy Canyon Trail for this loop adventure.

Beautiful views. Lightly traveled trail by hikers and runners. We rode horseback the Miwok Trail first, then the Hardy Canyon. Would suggest the reverse, Hardy first to Miwok. Do the canyon early when the sun is low and then Miwok should be in the shade on the way down. On horseback the Hardy has many sandstone outcrops, they aren't slippery, but very challenging if you are going down them, up would be better. This is not a beginner trail for horses.

Went today for the first time. It's wasn't so packed as we thought it was. Not alot of bikers or runner, some people here and there. great hike for those who hasn't hike for the longest. It is a great warm up.

Great hike, look forward to going again.

best done in spring when the creeks are flowing freely

I love this trail! Would be a five star except it has a lot of people on it. Lots of trail runners that come right up on from behind you without any warning. Lots of fitness types on the trail. I expected it would be crowded because it is free to park and nearby Brentwood. Wouldn't mind the people so much, but there were some really loud talkers!

The trail is nice and wide in most spots. I saw lots of turkeys both Toms roosting, and hens with the babies. They should rename it to Turkey Hill as there are a lot of them here! Very beautiful scenery to soak up.

Take water with you - there is some shade, but not in a lot of places.. Hold your nose in the toilet. I like the trail and will be back in the winter when the hills are green again.

I went counterclockwise so the ascent was really that abrupt than the clockwise path. It was my first time but I'll do it again someday.

Nice hike with lots of intermittent shade for a reprieve from the sun. Lots of gradual up and down as opposed to straight up. Pretty views. Great hike for a beginner like me.

great for some easy mountain biking

Beautiful views, definitely good to bring lots of water and trekking poles for the hike back up the mountain. Another good thing to know is that this trail is highly trafficked. Be prepared for people running at you when there is nowhere to go

Awesome trail.

no dogs on nature trail will always get a low rating for me...its outside people

Nice rolling hills

I love this trail. It's challenging enough but overall not too bad. I've hiked it alone and with friends and my kids. Great views of the surrounding preserve from the midway point at the top. If you do the trail reverse starting on Hardy Canyon it definitely makes it more challenging. Muddy after rain but you can still do it. Enjoy!

Hiked this trail yesterday afternoon. Was very nice, only crossed path with one other person the entire hike. Will come back again.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Great hike for cooler weather. Avoid going on hot summer days. Little shade and will be hot.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Not too crowded on Sunday. Very dry in October, half shade. Miwok trail is wide and pretty flat, the Hardy Canyon Trail is narrower and gets you up to the peak of the hill with good views, and around back to the beginning for a loop. Free. About 3 hours with young kids.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Beautiful scenery! I went around clockwise up the Hardy Canyon Trail and back down via the Miwok Trail and that is how I would do it again if I ever went back. I'm from SoCal but I was in Brentwood on business and decided to go on a hike before getting in the car and driving 6 hours home. The Miwok Loop was perfect.

Friday, May 26, 2017

I had an absolutely great time this morning hiking this trail. Enough elevation change to make it challenging yet not over whelming. Great views and a nice variety of terrain from oak woodland to grassy hills. Wonderful hike.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Enjoyed this trail today. A good sized hill, doable but still a little challenging.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

This trail is very muddy. There are a few spots that you will definitely have to step in water to get across. The green hills are very pretty to look at. Overall it was good family hike. I would not recommend it for kids under age 10 due to the mud & water.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

It's a nice trail to spend some time on. I got over 9 miles on the trails at Round Valley.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Cool trail! Awesome stream that runs along side for 1/3 the loop. Trail was a bit rough at times due to the recent heavy rain so be careful. Perfect 2-hour walk to start the morning ;)

Monday, February 13, 2017

Wow really cool trail. There's multiple creeks that run into Marsh Creek and there all flowing! Mid February is the best time to see this park! 5 Stars!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

beautiful hike. a little rough right now due to all the rain we've had. still manageable though, just wear shoes that are OK in mud.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Beautiful place to take a hike (walk) enough up hills to get your heart really to beating and then down hill to recoup and then up again. my daughter and I loved it. Will return to do other trails

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I enjoyed doing this one except it was hot... I had done several hikes in both parks so I decided to do a connector. There is a gate between the 2 in the back of round Valley that I had discovered a year before so something drew me to go through and on to Vaqueros. Only did this one once....

Monday, October 17, 2016

Beautiful place to ride!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Nice little hike, can go easy or choose the path with a moderate hill. Since this is almost in my backyard, I like the easy access and options to vary the difficulty.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Good climbs, some sun exposure, good surface for hiking.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Great views! The right amount of challenge!