Miwok Trail

Miwok Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mill Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hike from Tennessee Vally all the way to Muir Beach via the Miwok Trail . Enjoy beautiful views and breathtaking climbs. Take the Redwood Creek Trail to Miwok

Dogs not allowed on half of this trail. View is great, trail is nice. But once the trail crosses trail line highway there are signs posted: no dogs allowed.

Good/decent trail run. All downhill coming back to the trailhead.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cool slide down coming from Wolf Ridge. Winter beat this path with a wicked stick, watch out for ankle benders. Definitely worthwhile.

Monday, November 14, 2016

I've done this twice already and wanted to wait for the second one to leave a review. First one was one of the hottest days during the year. We did Coyote to Coastal to Tenn Valley and totaled 8 miles. The second half along the Coastal is exposed to the sun the entire time, steep, but absolutely breathtaking. Very well marked trails and never feels crowded. We repeated the same on a cooler day and it was much better. There are lookout stops to enjoy the view above the water. Recommend sunblock, patience, and lots of water.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Solid trail with some nice lookouts. Admittedly didn't do the entire length of the trail so may get even better at the end.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I parked on the side of the road by the Redwood Creek Trail entrance, then walked the short distance to the Miwok trail. Person below me is right, the views were spectacular! Trail is steep and tricky at times and I was on it for several hours at a moderate pace - I wouldn't recommend for kids under 12 or so. I continued on to Dias Ridge and eventually ended back at Muir Woods Road. I had to walk back to my car on the side of the road which was quite dangerous. I should have taken a different way back but other then that it was fantastic!

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Unbelievable views! Recommend taking it from Diaz Ridge thru Tennessee Valley and onto Coastal Trail back for a complete loop thru Muir Beach. One of the prettiest runs on the planet!!!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

This is a wide, well maintained trail, so it's good for walking in the wild as opposed to more challenging hiking. Because it's wide and used by mountain bikers it doesn't really give you the feeling of being out in the great outdoors, despite the good views.

I walked part of it at the end of a loop trail - I started at Rodeo Lagoon and headed over Hill 88 on the Wolf Ridge trail, then joined Miwok to head back South to the lagoon, which was convenient. If I were to do the loop again, I'd do it in the other direction, using Miwok as a quick route onto Wolf Ridge, where it gets a little more challenging. I don't know, I guess it felt like a let-down to do the more challenging part first and then end up on a busier stretch after all the quiet!

recorded Huy's last hike. :(