Mist Falls Trail

Mist Falls Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dunlap, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

aside from getting eaten alive by bugs, it was a fantastic hike.

fun trail with a good payoff at the end. Great drive up to the trailhead as well.

Awesome trail. Killer mosquitos. Stunning views

I have to give it a 4 due to all the (non-biting) flies on the trail. Otherwise, this is a definite 5-Star trail that is not too difficult, and has constant beautiful scenery.

Great hike with great views. Enjoy the climb!

Parking lot at road's end was pretty crowed for a weekday morning however once I got on the trail it was pretty empty. Lots of bugs on the trail. Pretty flat for the first two miles as it follows along the river in the canyon then makes a turn to head north still following the river and begins to climb. Along with the falls also make sure you stop at the rock outlook and look back towards an amazing view down the canyon.

This was such a beautiful hike!!!!!

The hike to the falls was scenic and well worth the trip. A must do if you are in the Cedar Grove area. As others have mentioned there are a lot of flies in the area. They do not bite, but an occasional mosquito will sneak in with the swarm. I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up a head net if planning to do this hike. The swarm of flies were heavy in the morning and relatively lite in the afternoon. Repellents do not work on these flies.

Beautiful drive, Amazing Hike, Breathtaking views, and lots of mosquitoes during the AM. Bring lots of mosquitoes repellent and if possible brining a mosquitoes bet to cover your face.. we didn't bring mosquitoes face nets so we were constantly swaddling them with tree branches.. aside from that, it was totally worth it!! Would definitely do it again..

Great views! A little buggy this time of year. Feel the mist coming off the falls!

Moderate hike. Largely flat road. First mile is exposed and less interesting than the rest of the trail. Nats/mosquitos abound; wear big spray. Popular for day hikers and multi-day backpackers, but if you hit the trail early less people. Recommend hiking just a bit past the bottom of Mist Falls. Good views of the Canyon about half-way up the waterfall (approx. 0.2 mile).

Loved this trail! Trail is clear and full of beauty. First mile or so has a lot of fire damage, but nothing impeding the trail and honestly I thought it was cool to see. That being said, don't forget your sunscreen because a good chunk of the trail is exposed without shade. The falls were roaring and the forest was gorgeous and green after you got past the fire scars!

I really enjoyed this hike. The falls were spectacular. We did come across a rattlesnake sunning himself on the trail. He rattled, uncoiled and slithered away. We also came face to face with a bear ... we exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. I recommend bug spray, as the mosquitos were out in full force.

I turned a blind corner and ran into a black bear. We glanced at each other and kept walking. Whew. Awesome sighting

This trail should be rated as easy. Anyone can do this hike. We left around 6:30 and totally beat all the crowds! It was soo serene being on this trail by ourselves. This is a very popular hike. We passed tons of people on our way back. Definitely a hike to do early if you want to beat the crowds

Running back down this trail was an absolute blast!

Great hike and the falls are amazing right now. As others have said, take bug spray! Also, watch your step carefully. We saw two rattlesnakes on the trail.

Probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. We were only able to do a few things in kings canyon and we were so glad that we did this hike. The hike overall is completely worth it.

Amazing hike!! Definitely need to bring bug spray, but otherwise, the perfect hike.

This was quite a challenge for a beginning hiker like myself, but it is doable and the experience was well worth it. The experience offered the feeling of tranquillity as one is enveloped in deep forest for a good portion of the hike. The reward lives up to the name: Mist Falls will definitely greet you. For the more experienced hiker, just a mere two more miles will take you to Paradise Valley, one that I'll hope to experience once my endurance increases.