Mist Falls Trail

Mist Falls Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dunlap, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Th first .5 miles was somewhat ordinary but then the trail began to narrow and change to a prettier and intresting scenery. I carried 3 litters of water and a filter but it wasn't needed since the trail was in easy access to the river. My 9 year old son almost stepped on a king snake barefoot after soaking his feet in the cool water. We took 3 hours to get there but 1 hour to return since we ran back for fun. Mist Falls was truly its name sake, very misty! Please take caution on the slippery rocks- no joke.

This trail was awesome! Amazing views all over esp at the top. I'm so glad I read the reviews and I'd like to thank the person who said to bring bug spray! You definitely need it! I was bitten through my pants. The bugs are very aggressive. The first few miles were pretty hot so bring a ton of water and I suggest going in the morning. Make sure to hydrate before and also bring sunscreen!

This trail is incredible! The views of the mountains and the river are glorious.

Really get the full effect of Kings Canyon with this hike.

mild to moderate difficulty almost 10 miles round trip hike with outstanding views of the mountains and the white water rivers. a lot of shade from the pine trees on the trail. would do it again.

Hiked to just above the falls and had some amazing views on the way down. the first 3ish miles are fairly flat before it gets a bit steeper.

Great views after you begin the ascent and then back down. I suggest continuing up past the Mist Falls sign (on the log at the bottom of the Falls area) for another half mile or so to get even better views of the falls, the valley, and surrounding peaks.

As of early June there are several areas of the trail with ankle high water, and lots of mosquitos along the way.

Water was raging, some fun bogs to get through and incredible mountain views

My favorite so far. So much water .

My favorite so far. So much water .

Great trail with the river running high the mist falls earned their name. Trail had a few muddy spots to navigate around but other than that a well maintained trail.

It's a great trail, and has beautiful views all the time.

By far one of my favorite trails in Cali!! You get a sense of how magnificent the Sierra Range is once you get to the top of the falls. I could stay here for hours just taking everything in!