Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail

Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Climbers Loop Trail is part of Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego. The trail is used for hiking and access to the rock climbing walls.

awesome trail.

Awesome because the trail is not easily identifiable the entire way-makes it more fun!

Did this about three weeks ago, started from the visitor center trail and then crossed the road to the climbers trail. Still pretty hot out. Saw lots of rock climbers. Short, sweet, and warmed my legs a little bit. Pretty easy hour or so hike.

Loved this trail. Just a shorter fun trail. Definitely not difficult...lots of fun.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect based on reviews. It is either difficult or easy. Well my take on it is if you stay right on the trail, it isn't bad. But it's easy to get off just a little and you'll soon discover it appears sketchy. If that happens, pull out your app and see if you are still on the trail. In my case, twice, I was off it just a little. I think this is because some of the climbers have made shortcuts to the base of some of the vertical rocks. There were several climbers today as well.

The views are fantastic, the trail is interesting, though short. It is a little bit of a workout but at 0.91 miles, it isn't exactly long. However, I parked my car at visitor center parking lot so my total mileage clocked in at 2.25 miles.

I loved it. Plan to do it again.