Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail

Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Climbers Loop Trail is part of Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego. The trail is used for hiking and access to the rock climbing walls.

25 minutes ago

This was the first place that I hiked when my husband and I moved to San Diego 7 years ago. Love the intense climb and bouldering that it takes to get to the top. Great views up there and love the thrill of being on the edge. We only wish the hike was longer!

Quick intense hike! You are rewarded with beautiful views of the park once you reach the top.

This is a short and fun hike.

It's so short that it can't be considered "hard". Its fun.

My first California trail and it was a worthy introduction.

Loved this! I finished the 5 peak challenge and was feeling very proud at 57 years old with a bad hip. But be warned if you don't enjoy scaling a few boulders or being on narrow paths or are afraid of heights. This trail may not be for you. Luckily my son who's a rock climber lead the way. I've gone back and done it twice this week! It's a good quick workout.