Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail

Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Climbers Loop Trail is part of Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego. The trail is used for hiking and access to the rock climbing walls.

Nice little trail but really makes you work it on your way up.

Exactly what it says it is. A great little hike to get you moving and rock scrambling. Wonderful views. You can bring the dog but don't. It's hot now and really not a good idea. The trail is super narrow in parts and you will have to let go of a leash to navigate the boulders. Dog will invariably go off trail.

Great rock formations and views.

Love this trail, especially around and right after sunset. As others have stated, it's not that difficult, however, if you have short, stubby legs like me, it is a lot more challenging. I found myself using my arms a few times which was a bit different than my usual hikes/walks. Obviously you can complete this trail by starting at either end because it is a loop, if your knees aren't the greatest I would suggest sticking to starting at the first trail head as marked on the map (first trail head coming from the direction of the Visitor Center) so that you're climbing the steeper part and not coming down it.

Clean trail. Beautiful view!

This was the first place that I hiked when my husband and I moved to San Diego 7 years ago. Love the intense climb and bouldering that it takes to get to the top. Great views up there and love the thrill of being on the edge. We only wish the hike was longer!

Quick intense hike! You are rewarded with beautiful views of the park once you reach the top.