Mission Peak Loop from Stanford Avenue Staging Area

Mission Peak Loop from Stanford Avenue Staging Area is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Warm Springs District, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

NOTE: THERE IS VERY LIMITED PARKING AT STANFORD AVENUE STAGING AREA. IT IS BEST TO PARK AT OHLONE COLLEGE TO ACCESS MISSION PEAK: 43600 MISSION BLVD TO ANZA PINE ROAD. Enjoy the spectacular views of the South bay as you climb up to Mission Peak. Although steep, the views are very rewarding. This is a moderate to strenuous trail with a constant uphill climb until you reach the summit. The trail is a well maintained gravel base until the last half mile. From this point the trail is hard pack dirt and rocky. Difficulty would definitely increase during the rainy season. The Stanford Avenue staging area is also the western access to the Ohlone Wilderness Trail, a 29-mile hiking and riding trail through some of Southern Alameda County's most beautiful wilderness, and provides access to Mission Peak's 2,999 acres. Ensure that you have plenty of water before embarking on this hike, as there are very few spots to locate shade. The trail may be shared with equestrians, and dogs are allowed. There is no fee for parking, however on a busy day you may be required to park a little west, on one of the side streets. Dogs are allowed on leash in developed areas/under voice command in undeveloped areas of the park

This trail is within 10 minutes of my boyfriend's parent's house, and we do it almost every time we visit them to get a good workout in. It's definitely a good uphill challenge, and be sure to bring plenty of water if you're doing it in the summer - the sun is not forgiving and there is very little cover on this trail. Pretty extensive views of the surrounding suburbs/bay area/rolling hills behind from the very top. If you're in the Fremont area and don't have the time to commit to 1+ hour drives to get to some of the larger national/state parks, this is definitely worth hiking!

Enjoyed the challenging hike but very dusty and no views along the way

This was my first trail or hike ever ... I must confess, very tough for a total beginner like me at the time, Although I haven't gone back to hike again, but I have become a regular hike/trail guy nearby (I live in san Ramon so plenty of options here). 3 miles of only uphill climb, and last mile has rocky terrain, you need water and some gel if this is your first time, but be very careful - for a total beginner, this can be daunting since carrying some weight and going uphill is challenging as hell. For me I had a friend help out share the load - how very kind of him; Views are good - but not superb, maybe because I am spoiled living near hilly terrain myself. One big downside for me (hence 4 stars) - heavy heavy traffic, especially on weekends. Parking is extremely tough to find and there isn't a moment of quiet that I could find on the way, however I haven't tried weekdays (I couldn't too far from my home) maybe its a little less crowded, 6 miles up and downhill gets to your nerves since you are always working, for a workout this is it I suppose for beginners. Worth a try definitely. If you live nearby, I wish I was that lucky (check prices of real estate nearby to know the sarcasm in my voice) go everyday ... you won't be disappointed!

Definitely an ass kicker going uphill but so worth it! A great workout and amazing 360° view at the top of the peak.