Mishe Mokwa Trail to Sandstone Peak

Mishe Mokwa Trail to Sandstone Peak is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is one of the most beautiful hikes in the Santa Monica Mountains. Highlights include the spectacular Echo Cliffs where rock climbers ascend shear cliffs, a house sized boulder delicately balanced on a small rock beneath, a giant split rock where kids can dash between the sheer walls, stunning giant sandstone formations, and breathtaking views from the top of Sandstone Peak and Inspiration point. Highly recommended.

32 minutes ago

Nice views

Worth doing once. Sandstone peak gets very crowded so go early in the am. I also hiked Tripeaks and was the only one there, I recommend both.

Very easy hike, with lovely views and vegetation. It's biggest downfall, of course, is crowds. Considering it's proximity to LA, it's to be expected. Best to avoid this hike on good weather weekends.

Off days, poor weather and sunrise/sunset hikes would work nicely. Genuinely beautiful walk... but the crows were overwhelming.

Take a sick day and enjoy it.

One of my favorite trails in LA! The views are amazing on a clear day, but the trail does get muddy after rain so be prepared! I recommend this trail to anyone who want a good workout with beautiful scenery

Amazing! Gorgeous view on the day we went, the sunrise was beautiful!

We did the loop to the peek. It was marvelous! We went the day after it rained, so there was mud on parts of the trail where the sun hasn't hit yet. It took us a while because we had to tackle the quick (sinking) mud.

I cannot believe this was so close to LA; it truly didn't feel like we were in the city. Definitely beautiful and a great way to step away from bustling, cemented, and polluted city.

The most challenging part was getting from the parking to the start of the trail. After that, there were rolling hills, but totally doable.

Will come back again! I went to Utah to see the balancing rock.. who knew there was one here all along