Miocene Flume Canal

Miocene Flume Canal is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

rock climbing

It was an awesome hike worth the trip. The water on the dam is as clear as day. Super cold. Overall great time.

This destination is beautiful. It’s fun to bring dogs and swim around on a warm day. You can jump off of the dam into the water as well. I’ve only been once and there were a couple other sets of people but nothing crazy. It might get busy on a weekend in the summer. The hike down is easy and the hike up KILLED me and my asthma. I think there is another route in that is more mellow— if not I’ve heard people say they drive down. I would still rather do the brutal hike up than drive though, just for the work out aspect.

So I would recommend coming down in a truck because the turns and the gravel are rough..there were a bunch of water snakes and lizards on the trial harmless it was a great hike we got there around 10ish good timing beautiful views on the entire walk there once we got to the flume canal we got really close to the water and had lunch before we went back great short 5mile hike glad I was able to check it off my list! If it wasn’t so windy I think it would have been perfect swimming weather

Very pretty!!!

Didn’t see anyone else on the trail, and the mountain side view was mostly blocked from all the big trees along the trail. The “hike” itself is pretty, and super easy. The drive down the single car road however, was not! If I’d known how rocky, bumpy and narrow it was I wouldn’t have drove my Camry down. I recommend a truck. I was terrified driving down, even more so driving up.

recorded Miocene Flume Canal