Miners Ravine Trail

Miners Ravine Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roseville, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

city walk

Well-maintained bike path leading from old town Roseville to Sierra College Blvd. About 6 miles total length.

Nicely paved. secluded in certain areas. great for running or biking.

Nice paved path for walking biking and jogging.

This was mostly a paved walking path. There are multiple trails gravel trails that connect at different points through out the walk. If you like walking paths then this is great! You walk by a ravine at certain points and shaded parts.

Love this trail for a nice walk. It’s connect to so many trails throughout Roseville, lots of options for which direction to go. I would say it’s a stretch to call this a “hike” because it’s in town and paved, but there is still plenty of nature to enjoy.

Great trail, love the creek that runs along it.!!

Great place to walk. Add some leg work by walking up some of the hills towards the housing or go off paved trail and feel more away from the city.

Beautiful trail with a creek running along side and benches to sit and relax.

I jogged this trail today while visiting from SoCal. It is beautiful. If I lived here, I would be on this trail everyday. It was safe and clean. I will definitely use this trail again.

Really good

Excellent and clean trail. Perfect for families. In the middle of Roseville but feels like you’re in nature.

A very easy trail for a place to walk in town, Roseville, California. Running stream to follow. Enjoy the walk

a great Trail for training and all around great experience

We loved it! 2 kids and I today

This is a nice and simple inter city trail. Just out of view are plenty of shops and restaurants.

nice, simple, with off trail highlights. took the dog on the leash with no problems. watch out for cyclists. They are really moving.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Hiking... beautiful day!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A good speed hike. It has mile and half mile markers. There are hills going East. Easy to check times with the markers. All pavement.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Nice neighborhood trail for bikers, runners, long walk. Not a lot of shade. No bathrooms. Great if you want a long walk without having to go too far. Lots of McMansions around.

Friday, April 21, 2017

We took our group of Webelo Cub Scouts (4th grade) from Rocklin’s Pack 102 on a group hike starting at the Olympus Point Sculpture Garden and hiking east into Miner’s Ravine about 1.5 miles and back (3.0 miles) total.

The trail is fully paved and wheelchair friendly. There were some gentle changes in elevation. It was also pretty clean, as our group only found enough trash for two small trash bags.

Our requirement was supposed to be for a nature hike, and even though it is in the middle of Roseville, this trail had and open and natural feel to it. We saw lots of bridges and running streams, a wild turkey and many butterflies. We stopped to look at some Native American grinding rocks, too. The kids favorite parts were the paths under the major roadways.

One unexpected part was that the trail etiquette asked us to keep on the left side of the trail rather than the right. We think this is so we can see oncoming bicycles better.

This was a great short hike for our group that was easy to access. Many of the kids and grown ups are eager to use this trail again.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Beautiful wild flowers! Excellent trail for beginners.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pretty, my go to spot for long walks, lots of traffic noise though because it crisscrosses under highway and local roads, why it's not a 5 star.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Nice walk water was really high moving fast pretty but I've seen places more beautiful than this.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Great for a quick run or walk with friends!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Nice,easy walk!

Monday, January 30, 2017

Nice easy paved trail. Pretty views.

Monday, December 05, 2016

Nice little trek with family and old dog.

Monday, September 12, 2016

I run this trail pretty frequently because I work close by and can run during my lunch break. The scenery is nice and helps to keep my mind occupied when I feel like stopping :) There's a continuous flow of water in the creek year round and I've even seen some small fish and crawfish while running over one of the bridges.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

We like to walk this trail with our double stroller. It's not the most beautiful in the summer, but my kids do love going over and under bridges. Very small hills make it an easy walk. I've only ever walked from the Sierra College Blvd. parking lot to under the E. Roseville Pkwy bridge, so I can't say what the rest of it is like.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Easy trail, good for running, walking and biking. Unfortunately some pedestrians do not know what side they're supposed to walk/run on (it's the LEFT, there are even signs!), and makes for some dangerous passing from bikers when congested.