Blue Oak Trail

Blue Oak Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Friant, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

easy hike. narrow one person path. travels along the lake shore which is nice. no loop, so you walk the whole trip and have to take the same route back. lots of fox tails and thorns. saw lots of animlas including a sad dying deer blocking the path. lots of places to walk down to the water or big rocks and rest spots for pictures. $10 to park.

Drive to the end of the pavement so your walk is just along the shoreline. I wish I had done this earlier when it was still green. Still pretty. Did not see any snakes - just bunnies, birds and squirrels. $10 parking is a bummer.

Very nice trail, the lake is gorgeous right now. $10 parking fee so take cash.

Great for a short fun workout. watch out for the thorns.

we got really lucky and witnessed a gorgeous sunset!

This was definitely a fun trail. I believe I got maybe 3 to 4 into the trail but turned around because of my kid and dog. I started at the beginning where park on and dirt lot. The trail goes parallel with the main road in the park until about 2 miles into it. You will run into a parking with access to the beach. We sat there and ate and hit the trail again and now it's just drop offs as you are going along the trail and you are parallel with the lake. We jumped off the trail onto a more secluded beach area then returned to the car. We were there for 2 in a half hours. When I return I will drive to the halfway point to finish off the trail.

Good trail pretty easy.. went in the am so the weather was good ..

Good for kids at least the first half.

lots to see. good view of the lake. adequate amounts of shade. not good for small kids

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Best in the winter when the Bald Eagles are here and the snakes aren't. Dogs are not allowed on state park trails although I've seen a few.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Great for winter months due to the low elevation. In the spring and summer I prefer higher elevations due to rattle snakes. Great for dogs!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The trail itself is nice and easy, even for beginning hikers. It starts at the Blue Oak campsite and is clearly marked. The road runs parallel to it until about half way, which is as far as we went. Sadly, once we got to McKenzie Point there were a bunch of rattlesnakes and we decided not to cross them so we turned around. The wildflowers were gorgeous this year and I'm glad we went. But danger of rattlesnakes? No thanks.