Miller Canyon Trail is a 10.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Crestline, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.7 miles Elevation Gain: 2,086 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Sun Jun 02 2019

I went with a group of my girlfriends and we enjoyed the little trail that followed the stream. The stream was flowing nicely. Plenty of shade, it was beautiful. Make sure to wear a hat and bring bug spray, because there were some areas that had ticks.

Mon May 13 2019

A dirt road with steady climb to the top with 20% shade. People ride dirt bikes on there so sometimes it can get dusty. Trail is kind of boring because views are the same from the most part. Some beautiful wildflowers, streams etc. Definitely not a trail after the temperatures hit 70+

Mon Apr 15 2019

Trail doesn’t match most of the pictures. Gradual elevation on a dirt road. Saw a few OHV. Some nice views.

Thu Aug 30 2018

Hiked Miller Canyon to Serrano Beach, Silverwood lake, on 8/24/18. Very nice hike. Has some shade. It was a little hard to find the trail entrance. Had to walk on a black top road for a little ways until we found the path leading to the trail below. No water in the creek this time of year. Looking forward to going again when the water is running. There are shaded picnic tables at Serrano beach which was a great place to stop for lunch. The view of the lake was beautiful. There are restrooms at the beginning and end of the trail. I would recommend starting early in the day because it got pretty hot. There was plenty of parking during the week. I am sure it gets pretty full on the weekend and holidays. 5/1/19 Please note: The current trail map shown on Alltrails is different from last year. The trail we took last year started and ended at a different location. Not sure why it was changed.

Sun Aug 26 2018

I run this trail quite often as I live near by. Very peaceful, a lot of shade and you can take it to the Pinnacles. Definitely one of my favorites.

Fri Mar 23 2018

Pretty, but kind of stressful. There is a prison nearby with a noisy loudspeaker, and lots of people ride dirt bikes and jeeps on the trail.

Sun Feb 18 2018

Awesome hike! Great views! The only downside is that a lot of people use it for off roading and it can get dusty.

Wed Nov 29 2017

This one is a good hike or a good ride. I live by Dart Canyon so I can hike/ride to Miller Canyon then uphill back.

Mon Jul 31 2017

I went the other way on the trail down to silverwood. Usually one of my favorites but the creek was dry, lots of bugs, and a rattler! I'll save it for winter or spring.

Sat Jul 22 2017

Beautiful area, very hard up canyon, especially if you connect to Dart Canyon Road. Back is all downhill! Watch out for horses & vehicles!! Enjoy!!

Thu Jun 29 2017

All time favorite trail So beautiful

Fri Apr 07 2017

Nice, easy walk. The end gets a little confusing but once you hit the boat dock its a great view!

Fri Mar 24 2017

Great trail with increasingly better views. Very easy to get to, the directions from the All Trails lead you right up to the trail head start. Note: If you have a regular, unmodified car park it at the picnic tables you see as you turn in from the 138. There is also a smaller parking spot with a portable toilet a little bit farther down the road, you will have to drive on a sketchy part of road for a little to get to it though. The entrance to the actual trail with be marked with a small green and white sign that says "MILLER CANYON" along with an elevation marker that says N237 and N238. I did the full 9.8 miles and it was worth every second. Once we got to the end of the trail the overlook was worth the knee pain. The trail also goes from paved to dirt off and on, increasing gradually with the elevation. I went on a Monday and only saw one car parked there total, really peaceful views.

Fri Mar 17 2017

Good hike up the valley, but less than stellar as it is a forest road. Would be a fun, easy atv ride. Elevation is sharper forwards the end which makes a tough up, but fun run down.

Thu Nov 17 2016

Ok, this trail was fun, I went on the both sides, since the main trail was CLOSED FOR WINTER! Both ways I went were cool, it would've been nice to know it was next to the State prison I was alone with my Chihuahua, it being chilly & quite was creepy!! All in all gorgeous scenery ✌️

Wed Feb 20 2013

keep in mind there is no parking lots for the hike like there is for most hiking spots. we parked a lil off the trail next to an electrical tower to avoid getting stuck. there's lots of loose sand and mud around there so be careful. this is all prior to getting to the fork in the road. the left is the route we took to go for a lil 4.5 mile run. route 2**37. to the right is route 2***38. sorry I can't remember the exact numbers but you'll see the signs. the run wasn't too bad. some parts further up get steep so it slowed us down. the whole trail wasn't as rocky as I thought it would be. more mud than anything. once at the top you can see where the trail splits again. also you'll see more electrical towers and a nice view of the whole mountain. I posted pics of signs and the map route we took. all in all it was fun and different. I don't recommend cars without 4x4. thanks for reading.

ohv/off road driving
Fri Jan 06 2012

We staged off the 138 Highway above Silverwood Lake at the Pilot Rock Conservatory we rode our CRF450's up to Devils Hole via Millers Canyon. The ride thru Millers Canyon is a scenic tree lined trail with water crossings all the way towards grass valley. If you are riding on a dirt bike you will want to jump on the single track trails right before you get to the water treatment plant. The single track trails are technical with lots of hill climbs. Head toward the Pinnacles Staging Area. From the Pinnacles you will head out the trail head on the left which will take you thru a series of hill climbs and decents to a large rocky water crossing . Turn left at lost ranch sign up to the Forestry sign that shows the map to Devils Hole. Once you reach the road down into the valley were Devils Hole is at you will go down a steep trail for about a mile. Once you reach Devils Hole there is a Lake that goes down stream for as far a the eye can see. Tree lined banks to relax and chill out in the shade. There is fishing allowed and wild trout to catch. This trail if for motorcycles and four wheel drive vehicles.Round trip from Silverwood it is about 39 miles. Best Ride on a dirt bike in the San Bernardino Mountains guarnteed.

recorded Miller Canyon Trail