Mill Creek Trail

Mill Creek Trail is a 11.5 mile out and back trail located near Wofford Heights, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Really nice hike. Everything was green and there were a lot of wild flowers. The trail is a lot longer than 11 miles. I noticed when checked all trails and I was way past the tracking on the map. It keeps going, but I didn't go all of the way because it was getting late. I ended up doing 14.5 miles round trip.

I went the Full 7.5 miles to the top and its a Tale of two trails. The vertical gain is brutal the last half and you gain almost 4500 feet in those 7.5 miles With over 650 feet of gain a mile its a great work out and i was training with a 25# pack.
The 1st half of the Trail is pleasant shading at trimes and fun creek crossings, the only bummer was the Cows and that SMELL, kind of ruins things, but better cows than humans and i saw none of those, the last half of the trail there are no cows or sign or smell of cows and you can smell the big trees that are now dominating the trail, the fun part as you get sore and tired is the trail keeps getting better and better with every step and you just have to keep going, and the Meadow at the top is very nice.

Nice hike. I brought my fiancé and our German Shepard puppy. We went 4-1/2 miles up then down. Took about 2 1/2 hrs in and 2 hours out with a couple rest stops.

very nice, liked it. Went in Spring, probably be very hot in the summer time

Really nice trail. Not too many folks on it, but be mindful of the cows!
LOTS of poison oak. Also saw a Gardner snake. Love all the stream crossings.

Great Trail to go on. My Lab loves walking on this trail. I took my 5 year old daughter on an overnighter and she did great. I found some beer cans at the first stream crossing. Please make sure to pack your trash out so this trail stays pristine.

I love this trail, the views from the trail are amazing!

Fantastic trail close to home. Can be an excellent day hike, or a 1-nighter. I hiked about 6 miles (3 miles out & 3 back). With all the rain this year, and good snow pack up on Breckenridge, the water crossings were not easy little trickles. They were raging. But nothing too major. I took my mutt as I am trying to get her used to hiking. With a dog, the only negative about this trail--for me-- is that cattle guards are something we haven't found a creative & effective solution for.

This was a great, family-friendly trail. The water is high right now. There were some areas that we had to search for the best way to cross the stream. Or you could take the easy, freezing way and walk straight through! Next time, I'm wearing my water sandals. Watch out for the cows! They like to give people the evil eye! I would definitely come back:)

Creek was completely overrun after rain the previous day which made it look more like a River. Beautiful hike as everything is green from recent rains.. Made it 3.5 miles up before turning back as we got a late start.

Great hike, snowy and icy at the top but it's a great hike. Don't underestimate the time make sure you have enough daylight especially during winter. You could follow the trail up to 16 miles to pass Squirrel Meadow. Be prepared.

Beautiful area to hike. Easy to find as well. Just about 35 mins from the entrance of the canyon and a mile up kern canyon road. Great for dogs to run off leash. Lots of cows grazing around. There is a beautiful stream the flows through area as well.

Great time with the kids! No water in the stream though.