Mill Creek Angelus Oaks Bypass is a 11 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Highland, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and off road driving and is best used from March until November.

Point to Point

off road driving

Decided to come down from Angelus Oaks this way. Very nice, scenic drive. Road was very smooth near the top. About halfway down in some switchbacks there was some severe rutting/washout from last week's heavy rain. Made it with no problem in stock 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. Like others say, the campground halfway up/down looks very inviting. Overall, a nice detour off 38.

off road driving

I took my stock 2007 Toyota Tacoma crew cab pre runner 2wd and had no issues. was a good little drive. my 3 y/o son liked bouncing in the ruts. I will take the whole family up with me next time. there are a few camp sites we passed by on the drive. take a lunch with you and have a picnic.

off road driving

2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.

off road driving

Great beginner off road trail. I bring the family here often.

off road driving

Four stars not for the trail really but we took the first left and went up to “Mortan Peak”. Visited the lookout tower that originally dates back to the 20s. It burned down sometime In the 60s. Hung out with one of the volunteers. Great view from there! I would definitely go up again. Hopefully with more time. Didn’t need 4x or to air down. Took the trail in lifted 2nd gen sequoia.

off road driving

This trail was super fun! We went out in our Toyota 4Runner 4X4, and we’re fairly new to off-roading and did this one with no problem. Some parts are super sketch with the high cliffs and narrow road, and be careful for traffic as it can be a tight squeeze (and a little terrifying). Have your phone ready for cool videos!

off road driving

Took this trail today with the family for a Sunday drive. Loads of fun. Saw a couple people. Even saw a deer. Found some really nice camping areas. We will definitely do this trail again and maybe take some of the other routes.

off road driving

Went Labor day weekend with the family...awesome. Will definitely go again to try the other forks trails in the road. Stunning views, not alot of peolpe but all was very courteous and helpful. Definitely kid friendly!

off road driving

first real off road trip in my 2016 toyota Tacoma sport. 2 wheel. little rough for the first mile or so, then smooth sailing after that. took us about 2 hours only cause we stopped at a few look out spots as well as a little hidden camp site. which we will be camping at real soon.

off road driving

Awesome trail for the beginning off road enthusiasts

off road driving

Really great beginner trail not challenging at all, but great views. about halfway in there is some really good barbecue and camping spots that I plan to check out in the future. Great trail with the kids! 2016 4runner SR5.

off road driving

First time up, beautiful scenery. Love the pine trees, a nice break from the usual rocky desert trails. I live in San Diego and will definitely return to this one. Had my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, but didn’t need 4WD. Most 2WD trucks or mini SUV’s can handle it. Heck, I even saw a Chevy Cruze up there. Not rocky and bumpy, mostly a nice smooth ride along the mountainside. Some cliffs, but nothing to worry about. Not dangerous at all. Fun and gorgeous views!

easy great place for beginners

Fun scenic trail

off road driving

Scenic, easy, 1.00-1.5 hours. Minimal traffic.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

I have taken this road with a 2WD Ford Explorer SUV. I have also taken this road with a 2WD car. Sometimes the road washes out in the beginning from mill creek as you head up the hill, but for the most part, it's a easy road.

There is a camp ground up here. Also, found people shooting guns out here off the road. There are now Mountain Bike trails going off this road that we found people taking. So, fun times.