Mike Schuler Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Desert, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 272 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Can be done as a loop of you want to walk back on the streets.

the hike was not too bad. Some parts were steep. The views of the golf courses were pretty. Only thing there isn't a sign telling you where the hike ends so you can keep going on and on to other trails if you dont pay attention. nice clean trail too

Nice walk

very busy trail and in town so noisy. not a nature hike. this is primarily an exercise hike. about 2.9 miles and 750 elevation gain.

Mon May 27 2019

Easy- moderate hike. Not a lot of scenery, mostly just views of the city below the whole way. A few areas with loose sand and an incline, so bring appropriate shoes.

Mon Feb 25 2019

Sun Feb 24 2019

Hiked much of this trail on a cool and sunny Sunday afternoon. There were quite a few fellow hikers and joggers, but it never felt crowded.. Hiking up the rocky trail and its many switchbacks, this is a good aerobic workout, but we took plenty of breaks. Plenty of scenic vistas looking. At one point, we even saw the I-10 mountain pass and its many windmills in the distance. The attached picture is a scenic overlook of the Porcupine Creek Country Club. We didn't have a map and had no idea of this trail looped. So we hiked about 2/3 of the trail and doubled back. We'll be back to do the entire trail and the other nearly trails later.

Fri Feb 22 2019

Easy trail for all ages. The proximity / immediate view of the shopping mall really takes away from the vistas. Good for a quick mountain run.

Fri Feb 08 2019

A nice stroll. The end is blocked. You will place to turn around to get back on the street.

Sun Apr 01 2018

One of our favorite hikes in the desert. Easy enough for our 12-year olds, but please watch your step going up & down. It looks intimidating, but it's great fun, with the switchbacks up the mountain. Wouldn't recommend for a bike, but we saw nutters doing it. At the top of the switchbacks, walk off-trail to the right (East) side, up a little hill - at the top is an amazing panoramic view. Parking can be a challenge since this is a very popular trailhead for multiple trails, esp. on weekends.

Mon Jun 05 2017

Please be advised DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED on this trail. Brown sign at bottom of trail (next to the trash can) states DOGS PROHiBITED. Please do not bring your dog here. Some people are still bringing dogs and worst of it is they are not picking up their doggy poop. Please do not bring dogs.

Wed Feb 08 2017

Loved this trail but I recommend you go up and down the sane route. Coming down the Bump and Grind is tough.

Sat Oct 24 2015

Great panorama views of the private golf course and all of Palm Springs. Hard to get to, but fun if you like nothing but rocks and sand.

Sat Feb 14 2015

I'm from out of town and have not been on this trail before. I'm not in the best of shape but this trail is tough. If look elsewhere if you ride a bike. Not to mention in February when I went. 2-14-15 it was extremely busy. I didn't even make it up the first switchback. Done deal for me. Turned around and went back to my car