Middle Ridge Trail

Middle Ridge Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morgan Hill, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

it was a great workout. beautiful medium size mountains, and lots of best birds to see. February weather was cool, small waterfalls. lots of up and down hills. take plenty of water and food. took about 5-6 hours to finish, on a rush pace.

Beautiful trail

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It was a GORGEOUS trail. My only complaint was that there were multiple creek crossings that we were not prepared for. Because of El Niño they were fairly deep as well. Other than that the trail was really quiet and peaceful. I would rate it as moderate as some parts can be fairly steep.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Only complaint was that there were multiple creek crossings that we were not prepared for in regards to shoes. Other than that it was BEAUTIFUL and I highly recommend this trail.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hiked about 9 miles in Coe Park yesterday with 4 friends. Started at park HQ and took Monument Trail to Hobbs Rd to Middle Ridge Trail to Fish Trail then added on about 3 miles by looping south around Forest Trail then north via Springs Trail to Corral Trail and back to HQ. Though the skies were heavy to start with, the storm had passed, and we avoided having to put on rain gear. By 2pm the skies were clear and we had sun and a cool breeze, perfect for hiking. Encountered backpacking groups -- pairs of friends, school groups and scouts. The trails took us through a varied landscape from shad,y wooded creeksides to sunny, windswept hillsides studded by iconic stand-alone California oaks.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Stopped to enjoy the bullfrogs and catfish at Frog Lake.

Monday, December 08, 2014

This was an easy hike for me since it was 6.3 miles out and back. the scenery of beautiful yellow colors in the leaves of the trees are awesome. it was raining then stopped so more fresh air.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Coe ain't no joke.

My girlfriend decided she wanted to do this hike on her birthday, and I obliged, being an inexperienced hiker and not knowing what to expect. We entered from the Hunting Hollow entrance, and within the first 15 minutes we were climbing like mountain goats. The trail at this point was straight up-up-up with not a switchback in sight, and after cresting the sixth giant hill, each hill following it elicited laughter from us both. By that time it didn't really matter how many hills the trail threw at us; we'd gotten used to it.

However, it's the way down that can really get you. We elected to return on the Middle Steer Ridge trail, and the straight path down is so steep that it's nearly impossible not to start running downhill unable to stop until the ground flattens out a bit. I felt like a runaway train a few times and thanked my lucky stars that I neither slipped nor rolled an ankle in the process. All told, I'd do it again, but not if it had rained recently (like it had).

The views at the heights are spacious and open with more foresty hiking magic at the lower altitudes. Not for beginners, but excellent for quad strengthening.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I took the longer blue ridge trail to jackass and back. The views aren't that great in this park but the strenuousness of it is an accomplishment. Jackass trail is really nice as it has been rarely traveled and is only recently grown back.

Thursday, March 07, 2013