Michael D Antonovich Trail

Michael D Antonovich Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near San Dimas, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Although the trail itself is still open, the trailhead at San Dimas Avenue is closed until December 2018: https://trails.lacounty.gov/Alerts/14/antonovich-trail

great spot to take the dogs especially if they love water :)

CLOSED FOR GOOD

this hike is closed until further notice. as of July 2018

Hiked this trail last week, and I don’t believe we did all 6 miles since some parts ( near 57fwy) was closed off for construction. We entered by the street near benches. Unique trail since you do have to cross little creeks WARNING: you could slip and get your feet wet! Be careful when crossing as there areas where there’s not enough rocks. As you get closer to the freeway the uphill begins. I enjoyed it, outside getting my socks and shoes wet. Love the shade and overall views

***SIGNS STATED TRAIL WILL BE CLOSED FROM 8/24-10/1...****Entered from San Dimas Ave at the trail head by the 57.. I enjoy this hike every time I come. Sunny upon entering through trailhead but super shady within. Love how there is still water flow ( been doing waterfall hikes in Pasadena lately and they’ve been pretty dry). Not heavily trafficked. Have to admit passing the oak loop the trail seemed a lil more creepy and less trail friendly. Shrubs start overpowering your trail after about 3 miles in right about the end of it. Do recommend women to have pepper spray because I felt a lil scared myself after coming across some random creepy guy. Keep in mind if bringing children I would find a parking in between the hike maybe on puente. Not sure what street has access but the hike back up to the San Dimas entrance is a good inclined one so be ready;) 6 miles well worth the stroll.

It's a lovely Shady Trail I wish that I brought another pair of shoes though because there's a creek that runs through it and you will get your feet wet there's no way around it it's a lot harder then it looks I would think that it's more moderate than easy I usually start from the middle or parking is at which is very hard to find had to zoom out map just to find the special parking spot because the parking on Via Verde is a nightmare and very dangerous would recommend this Trail I enjoy the nice shade and starting from the middle parking lot where there's a dirt road and picnic tables

Beautiful trail. Kids and dogs friendly.

Love it!

Relatively easy trail. The most difficult part of the trail is the entrance side near the 57 fwy but the difficulty is only for a short while. Most of the hike was easy. There are several creek crossings and beautiful trees for the sun to shine through. Kids could get tired just because of the distance but difficulty level is easy

This trail is a nice and easy hike that's perfect for the family and doggies. There's tons of shade provided by the oaks and alders. Unfortunately, there was some graffiti on parts of the trail, but if you can look past that, you'll still find beauty around you. The elevation gain/loss is barely noticeable since it's only 416 feet. This should make the hike pleasant. The keen hiker will note that there are several species of plants that don't belong in the creek. I found bamboo and Mexican Fan Palms growing near the creek which normally don't grow there. There's also lot's of poison oak growing along the creek bed so great care must be taken when going near the creek. Overall, it was a nice hike and I would do it again.

My wife and I have done this before and enjoyed it for easy hills, nice shady Oak trees and gentle creek and we found a rope swing over the creek. We will be back but not today it's 112 degrees.

Took my 7 yr. old. Didn’t make it all the way but it was well worth it. Lots of shade and some creek crossings. A good place for a family hike. Certainly recommend it.

Good trail, unmainteined, a lot of graffitis and some homeless around made it uncomfortable.. easy and simple.

I loved every moment

Nice, shady trail. Mostly flat except for the beginning and end. Not easy when I have to carry my toddler back to my car in the direct sun. Will probably return when my daughter gets older and on a cooler day.

If you have no cartilage in your knees, avoid this trailhead and use another, HOWEVER, it's a beautiful trail. Plenty of shade, flowers, plants are still green, and the stream has enough water in to give a couple of little boys a lot of fun for a couple of hours. I'll definitely take this trail again, but I'll start at another trailhead.

This is good hiking trail.

very nice neighborhood trial. lots of fun

A decent trail, you have to cross the water a few times and there is no marked sign signaling finish.

Nice little afternoon walk. Lots of wildlife. Good for kids and dogs. There are horses on this path occasionally. Also, during the Spring season there are hives along the trailhead. Watch for signs.

Hidden gem in San Dimas! Family and pet friendly, highly recommend for a easy to moderate hike. Will definitely be coming back with friends and family.

Great time, kids loved it! Will go back again.

Fun little trail with no real climbs. Lots of stream crossings and lots of squirrels running cross the trail so keep an eye out! If you haven’t done it before and you’re in the area it’s worth a look but I’d rather go to bonelli~

So beautiful!

Lovely setting! Went there with my 5 yo and 10 yo...both managed very well though we only did 3 miles round trip. You can come across some lovely spots to set out and enjoy a snack. Wear older sneakers as after some rainy weather they’re bound to get a tad ruined. Gotta love nature! Best therapy!

Nice shaded trail. Wear boots or hiking shoes. I wore Nike running shoes and my feet got wet from crossing the stream. Overall, fun with pretty scenery.

It had different palm trees on the hike as well as butterflies and frogs. It also some flowing water. The trail was nice but at a certain point we got lost and didn't know how to proceed

Awesome trail! Lots of graffiti though.

This brought me back to my high school days.. Walnut Creek “el ton pook” haha shaded for the most part.. the hike was easy, had a few swings, I’m glad we had that incline on the way back to get my heart rate going. Good for all ages and animals.

A great trail for the whole family. Generally a pretty easy trail with a quarter mile hill at one end. You can make this trail a little more challenging by running it or pushing your pace while walking. A lot of shaded areas and fun little streams to cross with well placed rocks. There are parking areas every one mile or so. The main parking area next to the 210/57 fwy is often full during peak times and is regularly monitored by sheriffs dept. A great trail for a 6 mile round trip with beautiful scenery.