Merced Grove Trail

Merced Grove Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mariposa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

nice short walk when I went in February it began to snow and there was half inch of snow on the ground which was pretty cool

Great bit of exercise on a nice trail. Seeing the grove at the end of the trail was well worth the walk.

Great hike. Trees are beautiful!

This was a nice stroll in the woods I went on 8/22/17 and I hardly saw anyone else which I loved. I went a little past the cabin trying to get to "twin bridges" which is an extra mile but there were too many spider webs and flies buzzing around my head so I turned around but wish I had time to have seen what was at the end. All in all there is beautiful scenery but be prepared the uphill is a whole mile before it levels out again. I would rate this a tad harder than easy but very doable but the uphill part does get your heart going. Bathrooms at the parking area. Nice hike I'd do it again.

a nice walk in the woods

Friday, April 07, 2017

This is a sweet little walk that doesn't take long at all. I think if I were to do it again, I'd start there about 9:00 am then finish about 11:00, have a picnic lunch, then go over to Hetch Hetchy for that hike. The trail is all dirt and we had to climb over a couple of trees. There was some snow on the ground, but nothing to really think about.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

The trail starts off rather flat then reaches a fork in the trail and you will turn left. After this turn, it is downhill from there and you pass by some sequoias along the trail itself. You will also pass by some sequoias that are behind fencing in attempt to manage the site. The trees are large and the trail is well maintained.

Monday, October 12, 2015

A nice hike through wooded area with a few groves of some wonderfully large trees.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This was a great day hike. Did it with my 10 year old son. Hiked down to the grove and continued on for another 1.5 miles to Old Coulterville Road. Mostly flat from the grove with some fallen trees that we had to climb over or around. Started to very lightly rain as we turned back, a nice touch to a fun hike. We took frequent breaks to eat snacks, hydrate, and explore a little off-trail. Out and back took us roughly 5 hours.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lovely hike on a maintained dirt road. Easy walk down to the sequoias then a workout for the uphill return trip. Beautiful forest with many giant sequoias among other plants native to the Sierras!

recorded Merced Grove Trail