Merced Grove Trail

Merced Grove Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mariposa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike. Trees are beautiful!

This was a nice stroll in the woods I went on 8/22/17 and I hardly saw anyone else which I loved. I went a little past the cabin trying to get to "twin bridges" which is an extra mile but there were too many spider webs and flies buzzing around my head so I turned around but wish I had time to have seen what was at the end. All in all there is beautiful scenery but be prepared the uphill is a whole mile before it levels out again. I would rate this a tad harder than easy but very doable but the uphill part does get your heart going. Bathrooms at the parking area. Nice hike I'd do it again.

a nice walk in the woods

This is a sweet little walk that doesn't take long at all. I think if I were to do it again, I'd start there about 9:00 am then finish about 11:00, have a picnic lunch, then go over to Hetch Hetchy for that hike. The trail is all dirt and we had to climb over a couple of trees. There was some snow on the ground, but nothing to really think about.

Monday, October 10, 2016