Menifee Cross Hike

Menifee Cross Hike is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Menifee, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steeper in real life than what I've seen in pics, including my own. A bit scary coming down with my AmStaff mix tugging at his leash, but one step at a time. If I can do it, most peeps can. Added a couple of stones to a cairn.

Good hike. Trails are a little tricky but not hard to get on track. Nice hikers with nice dogs along the trail.

Great trail. Really works the glutes. I would definitely do this again.

Made it up with my boys. Not too easy, not too hard. Great views!

Good hike. Good view. Our 2 year old made it up with a little help.

First timers may have trouble finding the trail to the cross from this location. The nice wide trail that runs along the park, baseball field does not go to the cross. That trail is right before you start up the first more serious rise on the wide trail, you'll see a steep, shortcut to the right going straight up the ridge. If you miss that, there is another one on the right after the same wide trail crests the ridge and then drops into a canyon. Both of these short cuts join the trail with the cairns.
It is very easy to get confused in this area as there are roads and trails everywhere, but it's a great workout.

Well I made it home, thank God! Put if you guys think of ever going up there for the first time, it would be best to take a guide. Seriously! Cause I got lost and couldn't find my way out! I had to make my own path down the mountain.

This was really a Diamond in hide out. this was a really great hike!

whatch out for:
I got tons of dust in my eyes.
apply sun screen!

great trail, good foot traffic near senior housing that has a great dog park..

relatively easy hike.

good little run with a bit of elevation. nice view of menifee and surrounding areas from the top.

Great short hike, not a lot of trees, but great views on top of the developing city

My favorite local hike. great views great workout.

Pretty easy hike to top. Missed the trail up initially because we were talking and not paying attention, All Trail App got us back on track!

Perfect temp and weather around 6-8 pm.