McKinley Firebreak Trail

McKinley Firebreak Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Highland, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

The trail is very easy to find n there's no trespassing signs or anything like that but there was a recent fire that burned some of this area n it's barren n sad looking to the left. The first incline it's pretty steep so I think this hike is on the harder end of moderate. Once u get past that first scare the rest is easier. I didn't venture that far in n I saw a coyote. I could hear water by where the trees are but there's kind of tall grass n brush n it looked to steep to try venturing down

Not well maintained, I think we need to set up a work party. We only hiked a small portion.

Trail was easy to find but very quickly we can see that it was not maintained and overgrown making it impassable.

We decided not to go all the way up because of the steep incline that may have required us to go on all fours in parts. But there are pretty views.

Easy

It was not bad good size trail at about 0.5 mile they is a good climb up, really the hardest part. All the recent rain has made it pretty green and nicer then expected.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Disappointing, this trail should be taken down. Found the trailhead easy enough, but it really only was 1/2 mile at the most. The fire road ends abruptly at a ravine and looks to continue further up on the other side. Maybe there is another way to access the fire road higher up the hill. This trail needs to be updated!!!!! Great views.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

You can access the trail at the end of North La Praix Ave at coordinates 34.1423739 / -117.2004104. The posted trailhead is gated off. The trail has great elevation with wonderful views.

Saturday, December 20, 2014