Mary Vagle Nature Center Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(41)
Martin Tudor-Jurupa Hills Regional Park

Mary Vagle Nature Center Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fontana, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 150 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

Temporarily closed due to COVID-19

love this hiking trails very challenging for a beginner we but we get a very good workout out of it.. you get your cardio, balance and resistance, leg & booty workout all in one hike so why go to the gym when hiking is freeeeee

Mon May 27 2019

Dirt too slippery

Sun Apr 14 2019

closed
Sat Mar 09 2019

It is a great trail after all these rains the scenery is green and lush. I added some more at the end and that area was washed out; would not recommend due to some homeless in the area. Part of the trail is closed for nature habitat so I went around. Definitely coming back and going the other way.

Thu Feb 07 2019

I didn’t get a chance to hike but I walked my dog around the nature center. The views were gorgeous. Very peaceful and safe. I would go back.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Pro: Gorgeous when green Safe Cons: Graffiti Typically brown Noise pollution It’s steep I like to go off trail

Fri Jun 09 2017

great trail love the hill and rocks

Loved it great hike will be back trying to find jack the skeleton rock any clues help me out but I found a down 4/20 art work

Wed Dec 21 2016

Good workout, great view

Wed Oct 26 2016

Good morning workout, I do it 4 to 5 times a week. Not easy but it's worth it. The view its nice you get to see Rialto,Rancho and Fontana. And if you enjoy nature like I do and lucky you'll get to see coyotes besides rabbits,lizards and roderuners.

Thu Jan 21 2016

This is a great trail with views all around the Inland Empire and some of the best shots of Cucamonga Peak. I got on the trail early in the morning and saw owls and an amazing sunrise when it had just snowed recently on the surrounding mountains. There are also a lot of boulders to check out and you will see rock art everywhere, and the undesirable tagging.

Sat Dec 05 2015

Very steep and slippy at the start. Also just when you think you are at the summit, another hill rises! My son and I didn't quite make the top. Great views and a nice breeze higher up.

Sat Aug 15 2015

I've hiked this trail many times. It is a little more difficult that you would think. The beginning of the trail is steep and a bit slippery. Wear good shoes with traction.

Tue May 28 2019