Martis Peak Trail

Martis Peak Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kings Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1968 feet

A beautiful system of trails sitting below Matis Peak overlooking the North Shore ofLake Tahoe. Open year round.

Beautiful, I thought there would be more shade with all the trees. I also would consider this a moderate hike.

Hike to the fire watch station amazing views

Went with wife and three kids. Trailhead is off highway 267. You'll have to park on the opposite side of the tralihead and run across the highway. My 8 and 6 year old boys managed to do the entire hike. Went to check out the small vista about 1.2 miles in, nice views, then back to TRT to get to Martis Peak.

I agree with another poster, I would not say this hike is easy. Roughly 2k elevation gain over about 4.5 miles up, with a few ups and then back downs on the way, then another 4.5 back to the highway. I enjoyed the hike. Martis Peak has an awesome view of Lake Tahoe. I'd do it again.

First time poster, long time user. I had to write a review to tell you...This hike is a lie, it's not easy. Moderate for sure but not easy. Beautiful view when you reach the top. The elevation gain alone should make this hike moderate. There was snow but didn't interfere with the trail. It's only small patches of snow. Have fun!

Nice trail in the woods, the 360 view is gorgeous at the top and the lookout is awesome. I liked the view but the hike to the top was not unlocking the best scenery also the start of the hike is noisy with the road below (hence the 3 stars). Easy hike for a worthy reward

Did that trail June 7. With so much snow we found the hike to be strenuous. snowshoes would have help. We stopped .6 miles under the peak. No regrets we had a great view from there.