Martin Canyon Creek Trail

Martin Canyon Creek Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dublin, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Martin Canyon Creek Trail is one of Dublin's little known treasures. This improved trail follows Martin. Canyon Creek for 0.89 miles and offers amazing views of the Tri-Valley and the canyons leading to the west. Large oaks and bay trees line the creek and trail and provide tranquil areas for respite. The trailhead is located at the corner of Silvergate and Bay Laurel drives.

I’ve been hiking this trail with my pup (off leash) for a little over a year now. I love this trail because in just 3 miles you get a pretty solid workout. First mile is easy, after you pass the cattle gate (end of city trail) it gets deeper in and more incline but nothing strenuous. Just be aware it’s a HIKE. The trail ascends & descends rapidly. The view at the top is so rewarding, usually windy. You can see all of the Tri-Valley. But it opens up to several other trails if you wanna go a different direction too.
This trail has a great balance of shade and sun. My dog loves the creek during the fall/spring where she can cool off. Which personally I think is the best time to hike.
Park after the second stop sign on Silvergate. (Left) The trail head is right at the front of the gated community.

FYI: there are bobcats and lots of wildlife on this trail so be cautious.

Watch out for coyotes! Saw one down by the creek, but otherwise a very easy nice walk, not really a hike...

A tale of 2 trails... The bottom mile is a pretty dull gravel road that is a city of Dublin trail and by itself I would rate 1 1/2...
You then go through a gate to the Contra Costa part of the trail and it is very good at 4+.
The good thing about both sections is that it is mostly shaded. I also notice a couple of single tracks that if I ever did it again I would explore. The trail goes beyond what is mapped here as well...

Strange little gravel trail starting just inside a subdivision and skirting a nice creek with some shaded areas in the more flat beginning mile or so. Trail had a lot of ups and downs that a well engineered trail would have avoided. Not much for bikers, prob very good for families out for a nice walk with a bit of shade. We did not even attempt the steep part past the gate.

This was a great hike if you were going evening time anytime lotta shades good day have fun with the kids so we had a good time

Quiet trail that meanders past homes and then into a pastoral and shaded setting. An out and back trail to do with kids. Very pretty but not a long hike at all.

nice trail, very easy

This is a really good trail. I hiked it with my wife, 2 daughters (5 yr old & 11 month old) and our dog. It is pretty easy for the first mile or so until you reach the gate. This is when it became a real challenge. We hike with a backpack carrier so the baby's just chillin'. The 5 year old likes to go out there and explore but it was making me nervous since you're walking single file on a 2.5 foot ledge and a gnarly 50 ft drop on the side plus our dog pulls so one wrong move can be a disaster. We decided to turn around 1.35 miles as we thought it may not be safe. Its only 5 mis away from me, we'll defintely have to come back without the kids or dog.

Definitely a hidden treasure. I was a bit hesitant to go all the way to the top after the mountain lion/rattlesnake warning sign, but glad I braved it solo with the pup. The views and the heavy breezes up top were amazing.

I am glad to have discovered this trail through the app! There are parts that are easy but once you get through the gate, it becomes challenging. The trail is narrow and was a bit slippery when I hiked the first time. Going through the trail feels like you’re in the middle of the forest. The trail connects to the Donlon Loop, which provides breathtaking views of Dublin and Pleasanton.

Simply awesome!!

Beautiful!

Such a beautiful hike! Definitely recommended

Great trail for a quick close to town excursion.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

A good hike to return to for wonderful sunrises. The ever mercurial marine layer creates new pallets of color from daybreak to dawn, especially in late Autumn and early Winter.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Great trail! Starts off easy on the gravel and then gets more fun when you get through the gate. I wouldn’t call this portion easy though. It’s mostly uphill and you’re walking on a single file ledge. The wooded view is beautiful! Quiet and peaceful! Once you get out of the woods, you’re in the rolling hills with more trails to choose from. I walked up the tallest peak and was rewarded with another amazing view! Definitely recommend this trail!

Monday, October 30, 2017

Nice trail with shade and a gorgeous view from the top. The afternoon I went the winds were blowing 40-50 mph at the summit.

I think of this trail as two distinctly different trails. The first is wide and easy. The second, after the gate, is a narrow single track moderate trail with elevation gains your calves will notice. Especially if carrying a 10 lbs hydration pack. I highly recommend trekking poles for this half.

I gave it four stars for late October. I bet it’s a five after the winter rains.

This one is going to be a favorite.

Monday, September 18, 2017

a great trail. pretty cool view from the tippity top

Monday, September 11, 2017

A really nice mostly flat trail. Went on a warm day but had a decent amount of shade especially the further into the trail you go. Only downside was that someone had busted open a watermelon and crushed a bunch of eggs right in the middle of the trail so i had to go around it.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Creek is dry and trail is infested with lizards and other similar creatures ( possibly due to excessive heat).

There is log of shades on both sides.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Should be rated as 'moderate'

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Way way steeper than expected. But great being out of the hot sun. I wouldn't rate this easy.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Great little local trail for me. Wide path at first, then narrows to a small trail. a little steep at times but easy to manage. Lots of shade and the creek lends for a wilderness feeling experience even in the sub-urban environment. Will do again.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A wide, gravel trail that is well shaded by trees. The trail continues on after a gate and connects to other trails in Dublin Hills Regional Park.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Enjoyable walk, makes you feel like your deep in the woods. Went on Saturday and only passed a few people.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Easy, and nice. Cute little Creek lots of shade and patches of sun. Perfect for an after meal walk

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Highly underrated trial. Lots of ferns, cool in the trees, and the winter and spring are stunning with a flowing creek and green hills.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

great hike beautiful day in the rain

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Good flat trails with some incline. Shaded. Good for young kids