Marshall Canyon Trail

Marshall Canyon Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mix of Single Track and fire road.

Very easy and shady !!! Trees cover the trail the whole way so it’s not to hot . Nice stream of water at some points of the trail .

this is a great walking trail. perfect for beginners, bike riding, dogs, kids, and anyone who just enjoy quiet nature. It doesn't get too crowded and is always clean and peaceful. lots of shade and trees and grass. I grew up In la verne and have been coming to this trail for years and it's still just as beautiful as it's always been. especially after rainfall. Very easy but very peaceful

I really enjoyed this hike with my wife. There is tree coverage in certain parts of the trail as well. We started the hike past the golf course where there is a dirt parking lot at the end of the road. It's an easy hike.

Great for all ages

Nice easy trail. Arrive early to beat the crowds. We started at about 7:30 & had the trail to ourselves but by the time we finished there were lots of people & we were being constantly buzzed by mountain bikes (even though there last fews miles they're supposed to go 3mph…)

used this trail for biking and hiking for last 16 years. after a bad crash in chantry flats I quit for awhile. but I got a new bike, and i'm back. trails for great last week. conditions are nice. good size crowd. doing upper section next week. this is always my go to trail for a nice mountain bike ride for some lite cardio. lower half is shaded. entrance close to via de mansion.

Still confused about how to get to the lower trailhead for the Marshal Canyon trail. The green dot on the map begins at a park off Wheeler and the trailhead from there was too difficult to find and seems to go through a suburb. Finally ended up at the mid section off of Stephen Ranch Road. This trail head is not the Marshal Canyon trailhead, but the Spur Trail which ultimately connects to part of the Marshal Canyon Trail. Looking forward to hiking this trail, but honestly, even the trail map could do better at clarifying where all of the trailheads can be accessed.

Awesome trail with lots of terrain.

Great level of challenge. Not necessarily easy—more like moderate. The best part is the feeling of accomplishment. You’ll like it. If you want a shorter hike, park at the Regional Park. That should be a bit under 5 miles or so. If you want about 8 mile challenge park by Lowell Brandt Park. Have fun!!!

Love this spot. Also good for hikes

Fun good beginning trail.

Nice hike.. there were a few killer hills. Beware there’s lots of cross country teams training & mountain bikes but everyone was respectful of each other. There was a lot of shade so it’s not too hot. Didn’t finish the whole hike because one of the members of our group knee gave out.

I did a 5 1/2 mile version of this trail, as featured in John W. Robinson's famous book, "Trails of the Angeles." Avoid it on hot and sunny days, as there are many exposed sections.

One of my favorite trails. Not easy though and if you are hiking gotta watch out for bikers, they speed down the trail. ⛰

loved this trail, it's rated as easy it didn't feel easy to me. It was a great work out.

Love this trail for some mountain biking!

Nothing to crazy. This is the trail that sparked my hiking hobby. Good beginner trail. Tons of wildlife and rattlesnakes. ALOT I mean ALOT of horse poop on the trail watch your step. No crazy views but it is very scenic near the stream. I usually park on Stephens ranch rd , after the golfcourse in this dirt parking lot and start my trek down.

We love this trail! plenty of shade, challenging enough for a good cardio workout. We took our shihtzu and he loved it, especially the spot where the stream crosses the path. we'll be back! 10.9.17

With dog.

Will DEFINITELY come back to hike the whole thing and/or bike to Claremont loop. Peaceful running creek water and serene atmosphere of trees and rock

No shade. A lot of horse poop

I went today and I like it

Crazy climb to the top,,, fun downhill to the bottom! Fun stuff!!!

Great trail

Awesome trail, great cardio. Challenging but not too intense.

awesome trails kinda complicated because there are trails going and coming from different directions. lots of mountain biking altho they are careful with hikers. I would be back soon

It's a nice and easy trail, a little hard to find I would say

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Great fun after a rain. Much of the trail under the shade of ancient oaks. Beautiful

Monday, April 10, 2017

Kid friendly :) stay on the left and walk next to the creek. You will find a rope where you can play. Hike 8 of 52 #52HikeChallenge

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Don't follow this map. It's start like 3 miles away from the real trail. I made the mistake I end walking more on the street then the trail. Please update this map.