Mariposa Grove to Wawona Lodge [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(14)
Yosemite National Park

Mariposa Grove to Wawona Lodge is a 11.1 mile out and back trail located near Fish Camp, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 11.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,217 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. Take a closer look at the Wawona wilderness while escaping the crowds on this hike in Yosemite National Park. Consider taking this trail into the forest, through meadows and wildflowers. After spending your morning at the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, you may still find yourself itching to explore the area a bit further, a bit more off the beaten path. Because Mariposa Grove is such a popular spot in Wawona it is usually full of families, which can deter you from the wilderness experience you were seeking.

Didn’t realize my service would be gone when I started the trail, thought I was doing the Mariposa grove loop. So I didn’t go all 11 miles. But, there was absolutely no one on the trail but me. Came up on a buck and a doe... and it was absolutely beautiful. I started from Wawona Hotel, it’s mostly uphill for the first couple miles and the ground was pretty soft in some spots (like walking on sand). Now that I know where I’m going I will try and go further next time.

Beautiful wilderness hike. We saw a bear off in the woods on this hike. It was incredible.

Mariposa is amazing and Wawona point is worth the extra distance. One of the most stunning places in the park.

Fri Aug 06 2010

A nice place to rest your feet is in the stream running under the covered bridge near the lodge. Of course that water can be *cold*...

Thu May 30 2019