Marin Municipal Water District: Kent Trail along Alpine Lake

Marin Municipal Water District: Kent Trail along Alpine Lake is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairfax, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

I really wanted to do this trail from the direction instead of staring it at Bon Temp(since I've done Bon Tempe). I've never hiked the Kent Trail or Cataract Trail & thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do both. However, I guess the app doesn't realize the road is closed right when you inter the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed park. I'm sure this trail is beautiful & I didn't want to rate it since I didn't get to actually hike it, but do want to let ppl know that road is closed & if you'd like to hike it plan on starting at Bon Tempe Lake or find a way to drive in from the other end of Fairfax-Bolinas Road. You won't get there coming through Fairfax.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Dog friendly !! A regular hike ... And lovely place for meditation by the lake...
Feels like I am in the sierras

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Nice hike with beautiful scenery. Deceptive in that it appears shorter than it is. Bring water. With no stops we made it around the loop in an hour and forty five minutes.

Monday, June 27, 2016