Manzanita Mountain Trail

Manzanita Mountain Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newhall, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It was a really nice hike a little steep at times. Make sure you wear shoes with a grip as I slid down a few times on my way back. I will be back soon

Has some great vistas, but can hear highway noise in the distance and can see it at some points. If you live close though it’s a nice workout if you combine with the fire roads that extend off of this trail.

Short and steep. Nice views from the top of the old Melody Ranch western movie set.

My parents, my 7 year old and I did this trail. We are beginners at hiking and although the uphill made us take a few breaks, it was very doable. Once you get closer to the top the trail does get rocky and slipper but other than that the trail seemed well maintained.

pretty short but good workout

Short hike but tough hike.

Short but hard if you want a nice view you can go past the final incline and continue to the fire road which I prefer. Then you can continue on he fire road but it’s a much sharper incline. I tried since the lower easy trails were closed.

A mildly challenging hike (my 2 year old climbed 3/4ths of it without help). However, it is short and the last peak of the hike is overgrown.

Chris, I can't see any other way to contat you so I am using the "Review" on this site. My name is J.Rupert and I am trying to contact you to see if I can get your permission to use one of your photos as the background for the outdoor interpretive panel on geology for the new Braille Trail in Placerita Canyon Natural Area. Please contact me at jrupert@parks.lacounty.gov . thanks much.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

It was open, though most of the other trails were still closed.

Great hike, nice and challenging!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The view at the top if worth every bit of effort.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

trail is a bit rough. I was feeling the burn. no not that guy. my legs.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

tough but worth the views

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Definitely not an easy hike. Very rocky, hot, and the elevation can be intense at times. Worth it for the beautiful views, highly recommend! Bring plenty of water though!

Sunday, August 06, 2017