This park is really close to where I live in Aromas and I Iike to bring my dog here. A lot of the trails other than the main loop in the original recording are pretty overgrown in places, and some of the places on the AllTrails map that indicate trails are incorrect.

After reading about break-ins here from other reviewers I parked at the FoodMaxx and walked up the trail across the street near the dead end of Moro Road. It was a little overgrown and carved into deep narrow canyons in places, but overall it was passable. I took another similar trail back down the hill at the end of my walk (in the dark) and had to use the GPS to guide myself down.

This seems like a good place for families to walk, plus there are soccer and baseball fields. It is also particularly good for horseback riding, with wide, sandy trails, and has a place for you to trailer in and an area with a bunch of hitches and a water trough, plus pitchforks and an area for manure. I didn’t see any mountain bikers, but I saw lots of dog walkers, all on leash except mine, and there were teams of kids having sports practice on the fields as I passed by. Definitely not too crowded for the after work hour.

The environment is mixed: manzanita and similar chaparral plants like chamise, sage, and lots of wonderful wildflowers, oak woodland, and a riparian environment in the center. The wildflowers really are wonderful here, and so are the views of Fremont’s Peak and the Santa Lucia Range. Bring a container to fill with free water, and watch for ticks and bees, this whole place is pretty buggy due to the abundance of plant life. There is also lots of wildlife, especially birds of prey, quail, and other types of birds.