Manteca Tidewater Bikeway

Manteca Tidewater Bikeway is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Manteca, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice for walking, biking and jogging. Paved the entire way. Well maintained with shade on northern 2/3. Most streets have well marked traffic crossings with some traffics stops. Great for an in town walk. Goes from lathrop rd thru Manteca to hwy 120. Would definitely recommend. Enjoy

I must have missed the waterfall?

Went to the place on the map and it took me to a church. Couldn't find the trail

Great ride for a beginner - like me! Husband and I took our bicycles out on the 2nd beautiful day and navigated the path from the dirt bike center to the deadend past the church. Pedestrians were friendly, families were smiling, paths were clean and clear. On our way back to our car parked at the dirt bike center/jumps, we detoured down Yosemite, thru downtown, and a right at Speckles. We preferred the bike path vs. downtown but it was nice to take a look at the older stores. Can't wait to do it again. Tip: start in the morning.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

This is a cool trail. It just sucks that it has to be interrupted by major streets once a while but when you press the crosswalk button, it responds quickly. I rode my bike, walked, and jogged on this trail. I do agree that going towards downtown Manteca is a little sketchy but on this trail you'll pass a baseball field, a skate park, the library, and towards the end you'll find yourself close to Target. I'll usually continue off the trail to go towards the newer apartments and go by another huge park in Manteca. All in all, good paved roads, no trash, and people are generally polite.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Nice paved trail with lots of shade. Family and dog friendly!

Friday, July 19, 2013

This trail has drinking fountains along the route so running it during the summer is a little more bearable. It's asphalt, but the grounds are well maintained. The city does a good job of covering up the graffiti that's been painted on the path. It's somewhat dodgy towards the center of town; bums pushing carts around, the aroma of urine, and the occasional shoddy drug deal going down on a bench, so I try to stay out of that area. All in all, if you're a runner trying to get mileage in this is a good place to start.