Learn more

Manker Flat Campground to Crystal Lake Campground via Pacific Crest Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(3)
Angeles National Forest

Manker Flat Campground to Crystal Lake Campground via Pacific Crest Trail is a 28.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mt Baldy, California that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from April until November.

Length 28.4 mi Elevation gain 9,363 ft Route type Point to Point

Photos (4685)
Recordings (6)
Completed (9)
Giovanny Bojorquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jun 24 2020
Hiking

Hello everyone, I’m interesting about this trail, would like to go camping and complete it. Question is do I need a permit and where do I get it, does anybody knows? A possible 5 star trail.

Lily Saint James
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Apr 03 2020
Hiking

I only did the first portion of the trail, which is the 3 mile climb to the top of Mt. San Antonio (Mt. Baldy). Absolutely gorgeous takes you above the clouds, there was snow at the top end of March so bring micro spikes if you want to save yourself some trouble. Later in the year would like to come back and trekk this entire trail. Even this first potion is a challenge though, 3 miles of incline. By the last stretch to the summit I had to give myself some real mental pep talks to finish given the weight of my backpack. PS they say there are black bears up here but I didn’t see any signs of bears, hid my food 100 yards from my tent and it was still there in the morning untouched.

View Lily's Recording
Javier Zambrano
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Aug 10 2019
HikingRockyScramble