Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Mandeville Canyon Trail

Mandeville Canyon Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

historic site

Great views of the coastline and the greater area of Los Angeles

I’ve done this trail twice with my dog. Lots of people by 9am. Lots of bad ass women hiking alone early. I feel totally safe and will do again. Off leash dogs ok.

A very unlovely hike. Exposed wide road up, nothing really to look at. At least on the way back you get a view of the ocean, but that's not exactly unique around here.

If you take the fire road is a very easy hike. No challenge at all and imposible to get lost. If you take the ridge it adds up to make it a moderate hike. It took me 2 hours and 40 to finish the whole hike.

Perfect for dogs!

There is water at the end of the trail, on Mt. Wilson but it’s super exposed so to really enjoy it try to go when it’s not too sunny/hot and bring water.

Definitely a great, easy and beautiful hike! :)

I come here with my dog often. My dog loves it. What I like about this hike is that there are two path options to take: the one on the left is a steady incline, it's more of an inclined walk, and it actually does get shade for the early part of the day until the sun gets high enough. The path on the right offers a somewhat challenging bunch of hills that has steep inclines/declines. The nice thing about having these two paths is they meet up every 1/3 mile or so so you can ditch one path for the other frequently.

This was a great trail. It’s a gradual uphill if you take the fire road to the top. My pup and I didn’t make it all the way up because it go too warm for her (no shade). However, there are tons of off-leash dogs all over the place and the views were incredible.

Nice moderately trafficked trail. Fire road for easy to moderate inclines. Harder trail to the side to challenge yourself on steeper inclines. Beautiful views.

My go to for trail running with my dog off leash. 5 mile and a 7 mile loop. I prefer to run on the ridge and stay away from the fire road. Love this trail up on the ridge. Come up for sunrises!

Awesome views of the ocean and Catalina, good workout.

This is my favorite after work hike! I don't usually make it to the Nike missile site before the sun goes down, but I usually get within a half mile. I hike the ridgeline in and take the fire road out. Great exercise. Amazing place to be at sunset.

I'm laying here after hiking and I don't know if it's the sun or just taking the more challenging parts of trail but I'm tired... lol This is a nice hike. What I like about it is that it is challenging enough to hike/run without being disappointed that there were no ocean views because of the haze. There is no shade so be sure to stay hydrated or hike closer to sunset. This trail is dog-friendly so be on the lookout since some people some don't pick up after their dogs.

The fire road trail is wide and paved in a way that is versatile enough to hike/bike ride and have your dog off-leash. On this particular day it was kind of hazy so I didn't get the clearest views of the ocean but I read that in a clear day you can see to Catalina. Always be aware that not only are there lizards and snakes but also dog poop to watch for. Also know that some of the mountain bikers come down hill quickly so be alert.

This was my first time but I found out about it because I wanted a trail that was close enough that I could take the dog with he visits. I like that there is a parking lot but also adequate street parking. Respect the neighborhood and when you visit we shouldn't have to worry about permits when the lot is full.

With nice views, a versatile trail and being another gem on the west side I can say that I would recommend this trail for those looking for a little bit of a challenge. Stay hydrated.

The best hike I've ever been so far. Amazing mountain views from the 1st minute.
Be aware - not a lot shade! Better to come in the morning.

Amazing views. beautiful hike. My new spot

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Great hike to do with your dog. Very mild, but you have the opportunity to make the trail harder by taking the inclines. Bring lots of water, there's not many shaded areas!

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Great views of the Santa Monica mountains and the ocean. Not too busy or strenuous but a nice workout. Highly recommended!

Monday, January 01, 2018

Did this plus Sullivan Canyon. Ends up being over 10 Miles. Sullivan gets steep and challenging. Lots of mountain bikers. Views at top are nice and refreshing.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Sunday, October 08, 2017

I like this trail - never ending flat road - a must - for a dog day walk - we went with my GSD last month and it seemed that the road never ends.. we never made it to the end - lol) we are going to catch up in a cooler day - because it can be too hot - for a furry friend during sunny summer day .... not too crowded - just a few bicycle riders and a few dog people along the way ..

Friday, September 01, 2017

Very easy and scenic, love this trail!

Thursday, July 06, 2017

easy, good trail, amazing views.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Steady incline and mostly dirt trail road up to the Nike missile site which is pretty cool with nice views and restrooms/water. Not much shade other than at the top. Great for trail running and there are several alternate routes if you want some variety. They were gearing up to shoot a movie too.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Monday, March 27, 2017

This is a great trail to let your dogs off leash! My pup loved the 7.7 mile hike. Elevation gain is very gradual. There is no cover. We were blessed by cloud cover on our way in, and the sun came back out on the way back. Beautiful views. Cool Nike missile site at the top. Restrooms and drinking fountains also at the top. Nothing else on the trail unless you want to duck behind a tree, so plan accordingly.

I went on a Sunday and mets lots of other friendly hikers, dogs, and mountain bikers.

Definitely worth the drive to the Westside for a non-Runyon off leash option.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Definitely a great workout! Lots of elevation change.

Monday, January 23, 2017

In and out trail to Nike Missile Site. Either fire road or small trail within the brush can be taken to mix up difficulty.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Good for trail running. Wide trail, good ascents and descents, amazing views, not too crowded, and a bathroom and water stop along the trail. Started from the trail head on Westridge Rd to the Fire Station 109 on Mulholland - 11.8 mile RT.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Really loved the view and steady incline. Lots of pups on the trail with friendly owners.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

This is great and really one of my favorites but this should really be called Westridge Fire Trail. Mandeville has an amazing loop if you take it to the end.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Not overly crowded, good for dogs, easy parking. Good walk for length and a consistent incline that doesn't leave you gasping.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

This is ranked as moderate but its definitely an easier trail. The foot traffic and dog activity wasnt too congested which was great! A lot of mountain bikers going up and down so if your dog (or you!) are skittish, might not be the best trail!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Love this trail! Good for easy (fire road) or harder (ridges) hiking. Fun to get to the water tower. Love having dogs off leash.