Malibu Springs Trail to Nicholas Flat Trail

Malibu Springs Trail to Nicholas Flat Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

the trail is there just over grown with straw bush and like 5 fallen trees all which are a simple jump hurdle except for one that you kinda have to climb over....this goes on for the first 40 minutes of the hike but it's not that bad...where it is bad it's only for a few yards but it worth the hike and going to the pond to rest...no real great scenery...but I kind enjoyed it

There is no Trial. Full if bushes and fallen trees.

Amazing hike! Go counter clock wise so to the right at the fork trust and believe the end of the loop is worth it. Save the best for last. I love nature so going through the overgrown vegetation was fine with me. The lake on top is very relaxing and perfect for a break and a snack. This hike is about 80% overgrown but it's nothing you cannot deal with. There is a small part where you walk through a flower that has spikes. I had tights on and I felt it through but it's just a tiny poke and that's all. There are a few bees working away some flowers on the trail but if your slow they just fly to another flower. I went over 8 fallen tree trunks nothing too bad. I absolutely recommend the explorers to do this one. Happy Trails!

Great hike. Go counter clockwise.....I have done it both ways so trust me :)

Nice trail. We were there on a Saturday and saw two people the whole hike. Trailhead is marked but only parking for three or so cars. Trail itself is clear and easy enough to follow, but somewhat overgrown with grass. A few small tree trunks to climb over, thistle and prickles, as well as poison oak near the trail, so wear long pants. Nice views of the mountains and ocean views at the top.

The Malibu Springs section was most of the challenge of this trail. It ascends steadily from a few hundred feet to ~1800ft in a 2-3 mile span. That part of the trail is narrow and overgrown in many areas, with a few fallen tree crossings. Once you get to the top of the hill and see the pond and meadow, the rest of the trail is easy and dare I say relaxing. There is a nice spot by the pond to stop and break for food or whatever. You'll know it when you see it, trust me. I thoroughly enjoyed this hike and I will return.

Lot of overgrown bushes/plants in the way of the trail. Heard rattlesnakes all over which made the hike pretty sketchy and unenjoyable. A lot of the bushes that were in the way were the spiked ones that make your skin have an itchy/burning sensation for a while afterwards. My dog also had 3 ticks on her after the hike. Didn't even make it to the lake & had to turn around because the trail was that unenjoyable.

This hike is amazing. Beautiful views of Santa Monica Mountains and ocean.

Nice hike and some good views.

good trail to hike. Nice and peaceful hike

Tuesday, September 27, 2016