Main Divide Truck Trail to Santiago Peak

Main Divide Truck Trail to Santiago Peak is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Trabuco Canyon, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Gate was finally open to Santiago peak but there was a mountain bike race so we had to pull over a bunch of times to let the bicycle riders go by...

off road driving

Trail was confusing only because from the turn off from highway 74 (Ortega) about a quarter mile up the road, it drops to what I assume to be 1 lane. Once you’re off cement, and in the dirt the trail, it’s big enough for just 1 vehicle in 1 direction for the most part. That was the confusing part. Absolutely no way could another truck or Jeep be coming down while you were going up (or visa versa) as the room to backup or pull off is completely not feasible to the average off roader. Not on this trail in my opinion.

Luckily, when I reached the end, it seemed to dead end and T off with the left option having a closed gate and the option to go right looked soooo small and not like a truck trail, I had no choice but to turn around and go the way I came. Luckily I was the only vehicle up there cause meeting face to face would have sucked.

The trail and scenery are cool and I would do it again if I knew for sure wtf was going on or how that trail operates but until then, I won’t be going back and suggest that any amateur driver stay clear. You can roll down the side of the mountain at any given time. So I recommend only 4x4’s go up.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's not a real challenging trail but it has some obstacles and the views from the top are beautiful!

Thursday, October 08, 2015

If you live in socal and need to test your off-road vehicle.....then this is it. From Rocky climbs to tight turns and bumps that make you think, how will I get through here. It's s great drive to get away from the rush.

Saturday, June 17, 2017